Another Joro Spider Update

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
Love these guys/gals. Used to see them all the time in SE Asia, truly impressive spiders.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I really would love to have one but 6 foot webs yeah too big of an enclosure needed. If I had some in the yard that would be awesome. I'd feed them some of these stupid orange head roaches I have.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I used to see The similar yellow striped orb weaver the county but not in the city anymore . Joro Spider Would be cool if they make it this far north.
I really would love to have one but 6 foot webs yeah too big of an enclosure needed. If I had some in the yard that would be awesome. I'd feed them some of these stupid orange head roaches I have.
Keeping orb weavers is very hard in captivity like you said huge enclosures plus short life span. I tried it a few times either they died of old age or dehydration.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I used to see The similar yellow striped orb weaver the county but not in the city anymore . Joro Spider Would be cool if they make it this far north.

Keeping orb weavers is very hard in captivity like you said huge enclosures plus short life span. I tried it a few times either they died of old age or dehydration.
They’ve been found up in Maryland so they may show up in your area eventually.

They aren’t that hard to keep so long as you don’t mind them being free range. I kept 4 joros in my bedroom at one point, I had one in each corner. I misted their web lightly every few days and dropped mealworms and crickets in the web. Their poop is annoying to clean up but they are fun to keep. I plan on catching more this summer. I have to drive about an hour south to find them easily, they are here but not in dense enough populations that I can find them easily. I love them!