Androctonus crassicauda vs leiurus quinquestriatus. Observation

spidervenom

Arachnopeon
hey everyone, just though I’d share this with you all. I have both of these scorps, both large females. The crassicauda is of unknown age, but the Lq is somewhere around 6-7 years old now. I notice when I feed them, the crassicauda pretty much instantly kills whatever I feed her. Cricket or meal worm, even a large meal worm. Now the Lq, super high strung, will actively chase down anything I throw at her, and I mean chase. That thing is fast! Anyhow, it seems she has a hard time killing. Repeated stings, digging the stinger in and wiggling it around. I fed her a large meal worm last night and it took her a good 45 mins to kill it. My thought is that as scorpions age, do they lose their potency? I mean she even struggles with crickets. Anybody else notice this? Maybe she’s just sadistic and likes to stab her prey to death?

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Does she have any injuries or issues with 1 of her claws? She is getting very old if the age is accurate. Shes gotta be coming close to an end

spidervenom

Arachnopeon
No issues I can see. Looks very healthy. She did what looks like gave birth to some eggs a couple months back. She was very fat for about a year, then one day I see her guarding a pile of embryos. I googled it and found nothing. For real, try googling “my scorpion laid eggs”.
I wonder if it’s too late to try and breed her. Hoping for a few new Lq’s This July.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Laying dud embryos is a sign of improper housing conditions Dehydration, lack of good, or old age.. meaning something is wrong and stressed her to abort