Amblypygid enclosure

MTA

Arachnosquire
Is this a suitable amblypygid enclosure? It's 5 inches wide, 3.5 inches deep, and 7 inches tall. I drilled 16 small holes in the side of the container for ventilation, is that adequate? I plan on housing a 3rd instar Phrynicus orientalis in here, does anyone know how big it can get before it needs a larger enclosure?

20220926_203802.jpg 20220926_203808.jpg 20220926_203823.jpg

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Is this a suitable amblypygid enclosure? It's 5 inches wide, 3.5 inches deep, and 7 inches tall. I drilled 16 small holes in the side of the container for ventilation, is that adequate? I plan on housing a 3rd instar Phrynicus orientalis in here, does anyone know how big it can get before it needs a larger enclosure?

View attachment 429571 View attachment 429572 View attachment 429573
You might want a bit more ventilation but otherwise it seems okay.

that1ocelot

Arachnoknight
Looks good! I'm not familiar with P. Orientalis but I believe they get large. Saying that, this enclosure should serve you for a fair amount of time.
They really don't need that much space to molt, I think it's frequently overexaggerated.

I'd recommend throwing some springtails in there, ALL of my younger ambly are super duper messy eaters.

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
This should be fine for P. orientalis. Lovely species and very easy to keep happy!

MTA

Arachnosquire
Looks good! I'm not familiar with P. Orientalis but I believe they get large. Saying that, this enclosure should serve you for a fair amount of time.
They really don't need that much space to molt, I think it's frequently overexaggerated.

I'd recommend throwing some springtails in there, ALL of my younger ambly are super duper messy eaters.
That's good to know that they can molt in fairly compact spaces, and huh didn't know they were dirty. I'll try to find springtails then.

MTA

Arachnosquire
This should be fine for P. orientalis. Lovely species and very easy to keep happy!
That's very reassuring that they aren't difficult to keep, I couldn't find much about them so I was kind of worried if they were difficult or not.