Amblypygid eggs?

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I am a tarantula guy, but have had some scorpions here and there. I bought an amblypygid a few months ago and last night she was in her gatorade cap (water dish) and didn't move from 6pm until even now. Well, there are green balls in the water dish everywhere. I am guessing eggs. So basically what I need to know is... are they eggs? Are they supposed to be in water? And what the hell should I know about care?

T.S.

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
err.. i think shes suppose to carry the eggs under her till they hatch and the babies will climb on her back... post some pics. and yes they are eggs,...

and ..err... i think youve posted in the wqrong forum? should be on other arachnids????

good luck with them though.. :)

JesseD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh well. Yeah that's too bad. I'm sure they'll probably be dead in that water. I've recently learned that they need to be feeding those eggs while they carry them under their abdomen through this fluid. So sounds like that project is finished. Now just get a male do it again next year or maybe sooner. My female jost molted and I found a spermatophore attatched to the cork bark yesterday!!!!