A semanni premolt??

Newtot

Arachnosquire
She has been like this for months and months. No eating and doesnt burrow, she has plenty of substrate as well, no darkening of the abdomen that I can tell based off pics I've seen. Tips??

Attachments

jcmbibb311

Arachnopeon
Honestly, some tarantulas just go off of food. It’s quite common and can sometimes mean premolt and can sometimes not. Either way, just make sure you keep it with a constant water supply and it should be okay.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
These guys take FOREVER in premolt. My A. seemani was in premolt for at least a few months before he finally molted. Just be patient. At least this species has a decently long lifespan.

cold blood

Staff member
Looks dry in there.....seemani should be on damp sub.

Just be patient, you cant rush the molting process.

kentuckycracker

Arachnopeon
If it helps any, my girl always webs herself up a nice little bed to molt on. She does it somewhere out in the open, far away from her burrow, strangely enough.

Newtot

Arachnosquire
I overflowed her water dish after taking the pic but she's been like this 6 months at least lol

cold blood

Staff member
I overflowed her water dish after taking the pic but she's been like this 6 months at least lol
pour water in, the sub should be damp, especially the deepest parts of the sub....over flowing the dish isnt close to enough.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Mine quit eating for a few months before her booty turned black seemingly overnight if it helps calm your nerves.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ok thanks. She has a huge water dish if that helps too
A big waterdish does nothing else than provide drinkingwater. Pour in water on the sub so that the deepest layer gets damp. Pour in a couple of centilitres dependig on how large enclosure you have. But 2-3 deciliter is good if the substrate is deep

Newtot

Arachnosquire
Thanks everyone for the advice!! I will definitely do that with the water