A. avicularia breeding success!

Ms.X

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know my original plans included leaving the sac with mom until the slings emerged, but after recently seeing someone else end up with a bad sac I became nervous! I still managed to make it to day 53 :) I found no evidence of any bad eggs, so I will venture to say that my big lady was an excellent first time mom. Last week the male passed, but now he has babies to carry on his legacy :) I haven't counted them yet, but I'm grateful to have had success period. I know that some would say it's just A. avicularia, but to me it's a wonderful achievement, and I'm glad that I can contribute to having more of these cb available. I first bred them September 24th, 2009, then paired them three more times. The last pairing was October 7th, 2009. On January 21st, 2010 the female finally got comfortable and laid her sac (I had to rehouse the poor girl twice due to issues with ants).

Mom and dad's last date:

Last photo of dad (running for the hills after mom threatened to munch him):

Mom with her babies:

For those of you who are ats members, I apologize for the double post.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats! I can't wait for our B. albo girl to drop her sac, it seems like it's taking forever! I'll probably cry with excitement when she does, haha. Too bad about the male, but like you said, now he has offspring to carry on his genes.

Cass

ametan

Arachnoknight
Congrats! Avics are a beautiful species. They're one of the next on my list! Don't down them or yourself. This is awesome news! :)

Sadistic Haplo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's awesome! this is one of the first species i'd like to breed, how big is your female?