3 days in a row, my LP just kept burying the water dish while I was at work/sleeping.

juntin816

Arachnopeon
It's my first time petting a T. Everyday when I wake up or come back from work. This little brat just kept doing same thing - bury the water dish and burro a little more deeper.
Just want to know if this is normal or what.

P.S. Sorry for my Poor English tho. WhatsApp Image 2024-06-06 at 22.51.28 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-06-06 at 22.51.28.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-06-06 at 23.06.39.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
when they dig they usually dump the excavated dirt into the corners, the dish is just in the way...

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
It's my first time petting a T. Everyday when I wake up or come back from work. This little brat just kept doing same thing - bury the water dish and burro a little more deeper.
And is there anybody can help to identify whether it is a male or female, my seller told me he was not able to check it coz it's still too small.

P.S. Sorry for my Poor English tho. View attachment 474951 View attachment 474952 View attachment 474953
Normal, give it a day then clean dish and refill. I have a couple of adult terrestrials that dirty up their water dish. Sometimes it's from the stuff on their feet.

It's my arboreals that love throwing stuff in their water dish like boluses and clumps of substrate or moss.

juntin816

Arachnopeon
it is but i cant help but feel ts premeditated from a few of mine :rofl:
Exactly. First day I can still see the dish and it's only filled with dirt. I took it out, cleaned it, filled it with water, put it back in.
After one night, my T completely buried it. Super sus lol.

Imma let him/her win tonight.

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
its not truly tormenting you yet the big a genic i had liked to poop into its water dish soon as i cleaned or filled it up. my p muticus liked to bury its dish and pile dirt to the lid every day. thats why i check all mine each morning :rofl:

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
And is there anybody can help to identify whether it is a male or female, my seller told me he was not able to check it coz it's still too small.

P.S. Sorry for my Poor English tho. View attachment 474951 View attachment 474952 View attachment 474953
This is why I check water dishes daily now so a spider doesn’t spill its drink and cause its own demise . I can go check the dishes some show evidence of being spilled. Biggest issue is evaporation from thin water dishes .
mine says if it fits in it it sits in the water dish ! :rofl:

caddude

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter
Not to redirect the topic of your post, but I would look into changing the lid to your enclosure from the wire mesh to a perforated acrylic sheet. Tarantulas can get their claws stuck in the mesh, and also have been known to chew through the mesh and escape. About the water dish, I have found that creating a high point in the substrate and putting the water dish above the base level will sometimes help. I have a couple of my tarantulas are the same way.