1st instar - what next?

kimi150

Arachnopeon
Hello,
I realize that probably there was many topics like that, i searched the forum for a while but i am a little lost and still not 100% sure. So i have an egg sac full of 1st instar of Sericopelma Santa Catalina. I took it from the female after 28 days and after another few days they became 1st instar. Now im not sure what to do next, it is my first egg sac ;) My friend alrady had few sacs and he just leaves all instars on a little wet kitchen paper and it worked for him. I also seen here you guys recommend to make an incubator. I watched some yt videos how make it and i am not sure if i should make imy friend's way or is incubator safer? Now they are still in egg sac, but few of them already went out. Until now i kept it in 26 celcius and like 80% humidity in little closed container with ventilation holes and everything seems fine(just googled what climate is it in Panama and tried to make it similar here, since i couldnt find too much information about this specific Sericopelma egg sac). Now i use heating cable to make it 26 celsius. If incubator is better way, can i close it and make a ventilation holes? I am afraid if i leave it open it will be too cold - like 22 celcius. I am probably too paranoic but as i said it is my first egg sac and I really want it to go well. Ty ;)

Attachments

denzo

Arachnopeon
Making the incubator is your best bet. Not to sure what videos you watched on making incubators.But they are fairly simple to make. I
Have only hatched two eggs myselfs, So by all means I am not an expert. I used a nylon stocking over a tupperware container filled with water and placed this tupperware container inside of another tupperware. I then opened the egg sack and spread.The spider nymphs out onto the nylon stocking. This ensured that they didn't stick to each other. Because the mother when taking care of the egg sack will rotate the eggs to keep the eggs from sticking to each other. Also, this allows for you to remove any dead spiderliens that make cause rot and contamination of the good ones. Hope this helps.

cold blood

Staff member
you dont need to be concerned about heating them....make a simple incubator....and dont chase humidity numbers.