Zilla Post-Mortum X-rays

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Definitely not. I and several others I know have done it before on both live and dead tarantulas. Still cool pictures though. I have always wanted to do an x-ray while a T is molting. :)
Does the radiation affect them at all? If not, I'd like to take my other adult female T.blondi (probably Burgundy actually, but then so was Zilla) up and get her x-rayed.....just to be able to compare results.

So sorry Rob for your loss.
Thank you! I really appreciate that.

I'm so sorry Rob, we're gonna miss Zilla but cherish the many memories of her
Thanks, Jon....much appreciated!!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Does the radiation affect them at all? If not, I'd like to take my other adult female T.blondi (probably Burgundy actually, but then so was Zilla) up and get her x-rayed.....just to be able to compare results.
Nothing happened to my smithi that I used, and my friends regalis, gbb, and Lp were all fine after. He worked at a big vets clinic and we goofed off one night as he was tending to the sick overnight dogs and cats. There really was nothing remarkable to look at in our pics they pretty much looked like yours.

Lisa Gayle 713

Arachnopeon
I'm sorry for your loss, Robc. I shed some tears this morning for her when I saw your youtube video.

I want to reiterate what someone else said about how wonderful it is that you are willing to share your experiences so that we may all learn. I think it is very brave to be vulnerable to strangers. You are a good man. Peace.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This isn't Jebbewocky. He just left himself signed on. (Mwa-ha-ha-ha! >:D) I'm his fiancee, Liz. I've seen videos of Miss Zilla and she was absolutely beautiful. I was quite sad when I learned about your loss, so here's yet another offering of condolences. :(

Neat that you got an x-ray, though! ^_^

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry about your loss, Rob.

Nothing happened to my smithi that I used, and my friends regalis, gbb, and Lp were all fine after. He worked at a big vets clinic and we goofed off one night as he was tending to the sick overnight dogs and cats. There really was nothing remarkable to look at in our pics they pretty much looked like yours.
Any chance you still have those around somewhere? May not be too much to look at but it'd still interest me seeing them.

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Interesting idea with the X-ray. If we lived in the same country I'd offer you a couple Holothele incei to test the affects of X-ray on living tarantulas. I have many mature males that are no longer useful that could be used to test immediate response to extended or multiple sessions. I’d even offer healthy juveniles that could be utilized to observe the long-term affects of a single or multiple X-ray session and if it may cause sterility.

I understand that some may see testing on that scale as cruel, but it may be useful in the long run and allow for the expansion of knowledge in invertebrate veterinarian medicine (which is highly lacking at the moment).

nesok

Arachnopeon
Thanks Rob for sharing your x-rays, I found them very interesting, and the more information we ALL have, the better.

I am also very sorry that Zilla passed, but I think that you did the right thing.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks like she fell? Shocking. I ain't tryin to be a troll or harsh I'm just sayin maybe we can learn from this and promote proper handling
He handles his tarantulas fine. We have all seen him do it. Either way if it was a fall it was from his gigantic cages. Don't take this as me attacking you Rob. I am not. But if she did fall, that must of been how it had to have happened. Sorry for your loss, we will all miss seeing Zilla.