Zilla jungle mix?

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Anyone ever try the jungle mix? Was worried about bark shavings but they don't feel bad to me. I am getting a few new t's and figured I would try the stuff out since the coco stuff seems to dry for some species. I have new setups ready to go with the jungle mix already in them. If the stuff is bad I will just put something else in

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
It's not bad, it will work, but there are more cost effective options out there. Top soil is cheap and works just as good.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Yeah I want to do that at some point. I guess I was always afraid to buy topesoil/whatever cus I am paranoid about chemicals and stuff. Im sure most of them will be fine

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
"use whatever sub you want you'll grow out of it on day as have I." - a wise old man who's not old or wise in general.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Well thanks for the info. Really just wanted to male sure it was safe to use. In the future I will try to find some soil or make my own mixture of something. I have always been hesitant to buy stuff from the gardening section because I was afraid of chemicals. Hopefully it will say on the label if it contains any chemical

Torech Ungol

Arachnosquire
Get the bag of dirt that's (hehe) dirt cheap. You should be able to find a 40 lb. bag at The Home Depot for just under $2. It's in a pretty nondescript bag, and should just be labeled as "Topsoil". If soil has any additives, it's almost certainly going to be advertised on the front of the bag, as that would be part of the selling point for getting that particular brand. Most store reps will also know where to find the filler soil, too.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Thanks. I heard some people mix in vermiculite as well. Maybe I will try something like that

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Thanks. I heard some people mix in vermiculite as well. Maybe I will try something like that
I mix vermiculite in for my moisture dependent species. When they’re being transferred to their juvie enclosure I start adding a layer of vermiculite on the bottom as well. I’ll also drill/solder some hole close to the bottom so I can easily add in water to the sub so I don’t have to add it on the top/reduce the chance of mold/fungus.