Your view on the Aphonopelma seemanni

anitec21

Arachnopeon
Hi i might get a Aphonop elma seemanni in my collection but what would their temperament be like? Thanks

captmarga

Arachnobaron
As I always say, it depends on the individual T. I have four seemani... One is nervous. One doesn't mind being held. One stays in it's hide all the time, the fourth comes up and takes food direct from the tongs.

I suppose it depends on if you like Ts you can handle, or just those you will be looking at. They don't throw threat poses all the time, and some will kick hairs, but if you just want a look-pretty, then no reason not to. They are striking with the orange underbelly and spinnerettes.

Marga

mmfh

Arachnobaron
I adore mine but she is very skittish. She is fun to watch because she is always digging and redesigning her enclosure and unless molting is out in the open.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They are mostly skittish, but sometimes docile. It just depends on the individual tarantula. You should look for a blue color phase, i adore my two girls.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ours sucked,it was flighty and high strung,and was not an attractive T IMHO...The blue phase is the best looking ( again IMHO)

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have one juvenile female. She has grown far faster than I expected for an Aphonopelma sp. Depending on where she is in her molt cycle, she alternates between calm, skittish and burrowed. Definitely a re-decorator, and likes to do major burrow/enclosure remodeling between molts. Never a dull moment with her. Definitely a keeper.

Low

Arachnoknight
I agree with the consensus, they are typical aphonopelma....prone to mood swings... And are prolific bulldozers...but are quite pretty, I personally am quite fond of the orange underside and spinnerettes...my BCF female is deffinately one of the standouts of my collection

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk