your opinion

Shay

Arachnopeon
so ive done research for this but if you type anything in avicularia anywhere you get every sp. everywhere and i just wanted to get peoples advice. and i know there was an "id my pink toe" a couple threads back but that was just people arguing that it wasnt an Aversi but anyway i have these 2 A avics. could the second one be a A metallica? is does have a little little bit of red on its abdomen but as you can see the white hairs are just insane compared to the other avic...whats your opinion.

betty.JPG charolette.jpg

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's possible. The second pic certainly looks like what's currently being sold in the hobby as A. metallica.

creepa

Arachnoknight
My opinion is:

without a proper paper on the revision of the genus Avicularia you will never find out what you have...
I'm sorry that this will not help you a bit, but you just have to accept the fact that this is how it is untill the paper is finished.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My opinion is:

without a proper paper on the revision of the genus Avicularia you will never find out what you have...
I'm sorry that this will not help you a bit, but you just have to accept the fact that this is how it is untill the paper is finished.
Agreed. Also just noticed the red coloration on the abdomen. What's being sold as A. metallica tend to have white setae all over. For practical purposes, you're probably better off labeling them as Avicularia sp. for the time being.