Your holy grail

InfestedGoat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Might as well post my holy grail. Maybe it'll make it happen sooner.

Since I just ordered a male Androctonus bicolor today, I got that checked off the list. I still need to get Tityus Asthenes, Parabuthus leiosoma, and Babycurus gigas.

One day.

Vidaro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm extremely surprised no one has mentioned this one, so I'll be the first:

Apistobuthus pterygocercus

The second holiest grail for me would be Orthochirus pallidus
a couple of years back i asked the same question and was told that they are very hard to keep alive and not many if any has ever succeded in breeding them.

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I need a male Parabuthus villosus now.

My holy grail is any group of Uroplectes species, with my favorite being U. chubbi.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hemiscorpius Lepturus... one of this days
Orthochirus Fulvipes
Parabuthus nambinensis
Parabuthus Villosus "orange"
Heterometrus Fulvipes

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Orthochirus Fulvipes
Parabuthus nambinensis
Heterometrus Fulvipes
Todd Gearheart asked me about 2 months ago if I wanted some Heterometrus fulvipes. I used to keep the species. He might still have them, so send him a pm.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here are a few

Apistobuthus pterygocercus

Parabuthus Villosus (Black and Orange Morphs!)

One of the Cave dwelling no eyed species

Orthochirus scrobiculosus

Diplocentrus Whitei

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Orthochirus Fulvipes
Parabuthus nambinensis
Heterometrus Fulvipes
For god's sake if you get those, keep them in a class 4 biohazard lab. That's the one scorpion that could destroy the hobby. I secretly harbor the desire to keep it as well though. So I understand. Just consult everyone you can on keeping this. :barf:

*edit* I really don't think anyone should keep this anywhere but a true safe lab. With multiple layers of backup containers. If you can't figure out why I'm making such a big deal, look at pictures of the wounds it causes, and read about it's mortality statistics.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

a couple of years back i asked the same question and was told that they are very hard to keep alive and not many if any has ever succeded in breeding them.
True. But that was them. Someone sometime will have success. I think it will take a bit of money in a great set-up, but there is no plausible reason it can't be done. The hard part besides having the cash, would be getting them. I'm going to try next year though. *Cough cough importers... :p

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm thinking that we're missing some information about a critical component of Apistobuthus pterygocercus' dietary needs relating to its enlarged metasomal segments.

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

My holy grail is any group of Uroplectes species, with my favorite being U. chubbi.
Hey Quixtar, I have a male looking for love if interested on a breeding loan. Nevularscorpion had him for a few days.

As for my Holy grail Pandinus dictator.

Danimal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

I am with you on that Uroplectes chubbi. A. mauritanicus was and still is my all time favorite though. Had a pair a few years back, haven't been able to find a breeding pair since...

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
@ Quixtar thanks for the heads up. I will try to contact him do you know if he has a sex pair and the price range ?

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
@ Quixtar thanks for the heads up. I will try to contact him do you know if he has a sex pair and the price range ?
he unfourtunatly is out, I recently asked him about them, I guess he had them in a couple of months ago, and sold out, His price was $195 for a breeding pair.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was actually reading that site while I was typing the above post. I don't believe there are any papers that describe the function of the widened metasoma.
Not sure about that either. But I don't think that should make them impossible to care for and breed. :D

louis1618

Arachnopeon
i have most of my fav's

H.spadix
A.australis australis tunisia
A.bicolor
my top 3

my holly grail would be a 10 inch scorp!!
and Alacran Tartarus!!
one day...

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not sure about that either. But I don't think that should make them impossible to care for and breed. :D
Well, they're not impossible. It's simply that in all instances I've heard of people keeping them, they were unable to keep them alive more than a couple months to a year, let alone breed them. It would be a different case if they were solifugids and had naturally short lifespans, but this is a xeric buthid. I feel that something is amiss in their husbandry requirements.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's how I feel about it too, there's got to be something we are missing with these. A lot of us are funny about stuff like this. If something dies on us, we want to say it can't be done instead of of, "I'm not doing something right." lol.