Your favourite photo

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Howdy,
This is one of my two favourite photos I've ever taken (the other I'll post tomorrow). It's an undescribed Phlogiellus sp. that grows to quite a size (20cm +). The first time I saw this species was in Robert Ravens office, it was formerly Id'd as Selenocosmia crassipes until Raven found otherwise.

I know some of you have unbelieveable cameras with ultra high res., but this thread will hopefully be about capturing a moment or shot, not about the best camera , please post yours.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is Selenocosmia stirlingi eating a beetle larvae, my other favourite shot.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Hey Steve,

Can you post a pic of the tarantula itself? I would like to see maybe a top down shot or side shot if you have some. Great pics and a very nice tarantula

peace

TheDon

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by TheDon

Can you post a pic of the tarantula itself? I would like to see maybe a top down shot or side shot if you have some. Great pics and a very nice tarantula
Here is Selenocosmia stirlingi.

Last edited:

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mature pair of the Phlogiellus sp. pictured in the first post.

Last edited:

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've got two real favourites.

The first is from an usuccessful pairing of Chilobrachys fimbriatus. The spiders totally ignored each other, preferring instead to throw wild threat postures at opposite ends of the tank. This is the female....check out the male mirroring her actions in the background :D

The second is an unidentified Haplopelma that got so cranky it chewed the hell out of my chopstick, dripping venom everywhere.

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here,s my favourite shot,for the simple reason i never seen the cricket until later,

:D

And something fromthe depts of hell:D =D

Last edited:

Betty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I like the pic where the spider's eyes are "glowing." :cool:

One of my favorites:

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey u should have posted the pic with the larvae in the calendar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tarantulakeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've always liked that I caught this girl mid-molt. Kelly is using her picture on his site. Brachypelma auratum John

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pic John! Nice species too :)

@Mark. I can't remember, I borrowed a friends camera, those photos were taken over three years ago, I think from memory the camera was about 7 mp, professional setup. Mine is a little 3mp digi.

@longboard1, Scott asked me to submit pics for the calender, but I became my other slackbutt self and forgot. I will be submitting next year for sure though.

Cheers,
Steve

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
this is one of my faves....partially because it scared the HELL out of me....wouldn't you be frightened to see a pokie making it's way up YOUR leg?!

Attachments

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
this is one of my faves....partially because it scared the HELL out of me....wouldn't you be frightened to see a pokie making it's way up YOUR leg?!
At least it's not the inside of your leg though :rolleyes:

Here's one of my favourites that I've took. It's of my hardcore-death-master E pachypus displaying the territorial wave

Attachments

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
I have two favorite photos. The first is my B. smithi eatting its first pinky. She was so slow an cautious about picking it up. I managed to snap a shot right as she slowly reached for it with her fangs :)

-Bryan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
The other is my X. intermedia. She's one of my most vicious eaters. To my surprise, I actually got a photo of her in mid-pounce. It's so cute!

-Bryan

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
here is another fave of mine!
This guy was SUCH a pig! My rosy boa didn't want his thawed jumbo mouse, so I gave it to my A genic...he worked on that thing for over 2 days, till I finally took it away.... phew!

Attachments

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pics everyone, alot of good pics to look at in this thread.

Andy