Your Favorite Tarantula?

ReclusiveDemon

Arachnosquire
In your experience, what Tarantula(s) have you enjoyed keeping more than any other?

I've only had T's for a few months, but I think my favorite thus far is the B. Smithi. It's eye candy, it's easygoing, has a long life, is simple to care for, reaches a fair size, and mine always seems to be out on display.

mmfh

Arachnobaron
I have two. I love the beautiful variations of brown in a freshly molted G. Rosea and that the are a perfect T. to display because they are always visible (and immobile). I also love the colors and fuzzy look of my P. cambridgei, who is also out on display 90% of the time.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Well, I'm very new to the hobby, but I like the way G. pulchripes and G. pulchra look quite a bit. I dig the bigger, stockier Ts.

reunsch

Arachnosquire
B. vagans. They look fantastic, eat ferociously and mine spend quite a lot of time out on display. Plus they're just very spirited little things.

Femangel

Arachnosquire
I only have three but I could not imagine choosing a favorite one. They all have their perks. My L. Paryabhana is by far the most active one s very fascinating to watch. My B. Smithi is like my little baby, i always worry about him/her. The GBB that only arrived yesterday just has the most stunning colours. So no i couldn't choose even if my life depended on it :p

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
Favourite in my collection is Catumiri argentenensis although not the most colourful of species its a dwarf and fearless of prey and often stalks prey rather than the typical ambush approach.

Could give reasons for many being a favourite but eh takes to much time.

DakongaKaka

Arachnopeon
M. B. auratum and my B. vagans are the apples of my eyes. The former being a docile species despite the few times he has thrown hairs on me when I open his enclosure; and the latter being a "1mm-more-and-i'm-gonna-bury-my-fangs-deep-into-your-soul" attitude. But this may change after a few molts from my A. geniculata and C. cyaneopubescens. :)

nicolevins

Arachnopeon
In my collection, it'd probably be Adult female 5.5" Hysterocrates spp., or at least she is who my attention has been focused on for the past 2 months.

I'm not completely sure what the attraction is. She often likes to submerge herself in her water dish, is a ferocious eater, doesn't shy away when I have the camera out, mostly calm and "laid back", beautiful thick hind legs, spends hours out of her burrow after sunset. I think her eyes appear to be huge too, I think she is... "cute" (?).

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I like them all, but just now its my LP, mainly cause it will molt soon, cant wait.

PlaidJaguar

Arachnoknight
I don't know if I could pick a favorite. The baby versicolor in my profile pic is a great T, always out and about, builds interesting hammock-style webs, and is docile enough for handling.

But my curly hair, who has earned herself the nickname "Miss Grouchypants," has embarked on several interesting construction projects. First she built a burrow the extended to the glass so I could see her inside it, then she built a dirt and silk teepee around her fake plant. And she's a voracious eater. In fact, she tackles literally everything that enters her enclosure, including water. It's pretty amusing, although I have to be cautious about cage maintenance.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My favorite genus is Brachypelma. Too hard to pick a single favorite species. :)

delo

Arachnopeon
My Olivacea by a near margin vs regalis but love all my T's really.

gloost

Arachnopeon
Simone and Orna.... My two ornamental... Simone pictured.

Success is nothing without integrity. now Free

Reptiliatus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love my Acanthoscurria geniculata. I raised her from a small juvenile specimen and just have a soft spot for her. I've kept a few of these guys in the last few years
and they really just make stunning display spiders. They are super active and have an incredible feeding response. To me, their kind of like a colourful Lasiodora.

Just my opinion.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Elvis, my Idiothele mira. She's feisty but not nasty, absolutely beautiful with her blue feet and typical baboon markings and I love her trapdoor!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hard question to answer in short.

Species I think worth keeping? Surely P. irminia - gotta love "teh Suntiger". Reasons are mostly known, so I'm just gonna say it was one of my first couple T's ever.

Over the course of time that I have my collection now? I wouldn't want to part with any of them if not necessary. But most dear are specimens like my E. pulcherimaklaasi, which is insanely gently and calm. Or my huge A. amazonicas (who still have to grow quite some) - huge in terms of age <=> size already.

Again, can't really pick what is "the best" they're all just great to keep. If you're looking for the answer of "easy to keep, docile" aso - my Euathus spp. , G. pulchripes and, yes, "Phaedra" :D