Your favorite feeders?

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Red runners I think are the best they keep running making for a more entertaining takedown usually lol

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
In order of preference..
Hornworms..never had a T turn one down..ever.
Red runners..the hunt begins,YUMMY,for a T tummy!
Dubias...crush the heads,its still hit or miss( T,"what the heck is that!!").
Supers...nasty customers..make sure the T is a BOSS!!!!(make sure to crush the head)
Mealworms..staple for smaller T,s
Crickets...last resort..but everyone takes them.(good for at least getting something in
a T.)Yes,i know,crickets have been used to raise a T to adulthood.
Vertebrates...don't want to clean up the mess,but doesn't mean I never will.Just putting
it off as long as possible.

Wyoguy069

Arachnopeon
I started with crickets, but quickly moved to hornworms and dubias. Dubias are my favorite so far. Hornworms grow so quick that a few die being I only have eight T’s to feed. Dubias seam long lived and so far only my Avic has a problem with them, but the Avic hasn’t been eating much of anything the last two weeks.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Hornworm cultures can be difficult to find,depending on where you are. Im fortunate in that I have
access to cultures regularly,every Monday my local reptile shop,ya,reptile shop,i know...it is
what it is,gets them in.When I get the culture,the hornworms are the size of small mealworms.
and they go to feed my slings,then they grow,feed to my larger T,s.and finally my large T,s.

We all do what we need to do,to feed our animals.Period.It really doesn't matter in the end.
When your animal eats,thats what matters.Food in,poop out.And continue to thrive,in our care.

Attachments

horneteer

Arachnopeon
B.lateralis and mealworms here. Used to use locust but they take too much looking after and make a mess when the T takes them down. I can't be doing with bug guts all over the enclosures. The mealworms are fed to my larger Ts in a plastic dish with a guinea pig pellet or two to attract attention. I might give hornworms and possibly dubia a try for a bit more variety. Are these messy feeders or what?

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
I found a local pet shop that has really nice large crickets. I use mealworms for the slings.

Dandrobates

Arachnoknight
I only offer dubias to my GBB. It’s like playing frisbee with a dog. My other t’s are crickets only

Marika

Arachnoangel
I mostly use mealworms, they are so easy to breed. I'm also trying to start a dubia colony to get some variety.

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
First I have heard of these, the feeder options in Europe almost seem unlimited. You guys are lucky.
They are not common here, I dont even remember how and why did I get them, but they are definitly the most hardy and fastest breeding species of roach I ever worked with. Disadvantages are that they are really small and crazy escape masters (it is quite terrifying to find subadults happily living in enclosures of other species :anxious:).
Personally I think that any invert in my collection, that dares to breed faster than I can get rid of it, can become feeder. I fed things like Peruphasma schultei and Lucihormetica verrucosa and now I am seriously considering feeding Porcellio hoffmannseggi :D (sorry to US isopod breeders overcoming heart attack after reading this)

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
Oh, I remembered what I would call favorite - Gramphadorhina portentosa, enormous nutritional value, its power a armor makes feeding interesting and sound effects as bonus. :)
sorry for double posting

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Big dubias and superworms for big meals, and lobster roaches for smaller meals.