You will NEVER see anything so friggen cute =)

Sequin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I haven't posted any pics of my little girl yet. She's 8 weeks old. Saint bernard purebred. The first few pics were when she was 5 1/2 weeks old. Clearly she grows like a madman.

& for size reference... When she was 6 weeks.

Just took this picture today at 8 weeks

It blows my mind how quickly she is growing. In only two weeks time I can no longer snuggle with puppy on my lap. Hehe, I was feeling ironic the day she was purchased, poor dog got stuck with the name "Kitty".

Woof

Arachnopeon
What a sweetie you have there!
Kitty's a great name!
By the way, based on the size of her mom and dad, just how huge do you think she'll get?
Best of luck with your new "little" one.
Marie

Sequin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
By the way, based on the size of her mom and dad, just how huge do you think she'll get?
Marie
I wasn't able to view the mother, she died while giving birth to the fourth puppy:( "Papa" wasn't completely cujo so I doubt she'll be an absolute monster. Obviously she'll be a large dog, but compared to other male bernards I've seen, papa pup was average size.:D

parabuthus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Very cute.
I am going to look at a Great Dane puppy tomorrow, with a serious view to buying it.

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on your super cute "Kitty". :D Enjoy every single minute with her, I'm sure she's putting on between 3-5 lbs. per week, yes? They grow up WAY too fast, making the puppy time much too short (or so it seems). :)

She's got gorgeous markings! What a shame that momma died during the birthing process. What exactly did she die of? Did the breeder(s) have a vet on call? How many were in the litter altogether, and were they all raised by bottle or did they have a surrogate for them?

---
Wendy
---

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Okay, I opened the thread thinking that "Hmmph! I'll be the judge as to how cute the subject may be, and I'm pretty darned discriminating when it comes to cute!" And I gotta say, that's pretty darned cute! I like the one next to the bottle in particular.

I must add that I'm sure many here will agree with me in saying that in the last two photos, you kinda steal the little gal's thunder, though.:)

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What a cutie pie!! You wanna see him grow nice and healthy and to his full potential? Feed him Nutro Ultra, you'll notice a huge difference! My sister's rotties recently switched from Purina to Nutro, and they are now more muscular, the female's arthritis greatly improved, the male is much larger, and their coats are glossy and beautiful. Not to mention it improved their breath, how many times they poo decreased, and they shed alot less!

My dogs are on it also now, and they look alot better as well!

I think that's Science Diet I see in that pic of you and him? Throw that out, that food is no good, even though vets "highly recommend it"...just because it's given to them. pffft.

GootySapphire

Arachnolord
Old Timer

this is Thor my Great Dane when I first got him.

this is him several months ago, with our teacup chihuahua monster...thor is now 7 months and probably around 90lbs.

I do like st. bernards...wouldnt mind havin one if i owned a house and had some property. as far as the dog food comment, i agree. Science diet is garbage and not good for your dog. Try Nutro Natural Choice large breed puppy, or even royal canin, or innova. all good brands...i was told to feed thor Eagle large breed puppy, but he didnt seem to like the taste of it, so now i have him on Royal Canin, and he loves it.

Sequin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Socrates - This is going to be explained very "noobish" because I don't know the correct terms. The fourth puppy got stuck in her birth canal (proper term?) I guess it would have the same effect as an eggbound bird? Sorry, I didn't really get in an indepth convo with the owners, she was still pretty choked and I didn't want to press her for details. They rushed the mother to the vet as soon as they saw complications, but it was too late and both her and the puppy died just before arriving. It was a pretty small litter, only 3. But who knows, maybe more would of been birthed if she hadn't of had complications. From my observations, the breeders were pretty amateur. The puppies were extremely overweight. I took kitty to a vet as soon as she was purchased and we put her on a little puppy diet. The owners would leave a bucket of food out 24/7. If the puppies finished it, they would just keep filling it up. It was awful the first few days we had her. She was really sluggish and had a hard time walking. As you can see she's healthy and happy now! :)

Whyte - Actually, she's on Purina Beneful. St. Bernards need a certain ratio of crude fat/protein etc etc. to support how fast they grow. The beneful dogfood I use was the closest dogfood I could find to satisfying the formula they required. I talked to the vet to see if he recommended any others and he highly suggested beneful for bernards. I spent at least 45 minutes researching on the internet the most qualified food, and Purina Beneful was the winner. I will bring up the brand Nutro Ultro with the vet on Fri (Her second shots:) ) and see his imput on it. But thanks for the recommendation! Maybe I'll make the switch when her next bag runs out.

Gooty- Aw! Thor is a total doll. I've always been the biggest fan of larger dogs. We own 160 acres so she'll have plenty of room to frolic. I'm imagining she'll eat us out of house and home in a few months.:rolleyes:

To everyone else who replied..Thanks for the compliments:D

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Second dog

The puppy is adorable. Congratulations on the new addition. You may go broke feeding this Kitty:)
We couln't help noticing the other dog in the fourth picture. She looks just like one of our mutts! Here is her picture - her name is Bear. Our black dog is named Grizzly. And by the way, we have a parakeet named Kitty!

Attachments

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know anything about the brand Beneful, nor do I know anything about your vet...but you must trust your own instinct and not always your vets. There are tons of vets out there that highly recommend HORRIBLE foods, so they don't always know what's best. They are trained to treat the animal once it's in the clinic, they dont always do the research behind growing up a healthy animal.
Oh, and Beneful wasn't even on the list of REAL top quality dogfoods.

Here's a good list http://www.candyspetsitting.com/WDJ_DryFood2006.pdf#search='Healthiest%20Dog%20food%20list'

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
How can anyone not love a puppy? They are just a little bundle of concentrated love. Here's my best buddy: Hamish (Seumas) Ruadh McBharnabais (pronounced-Hamish Rrroo McVarnapaish) which is Gaelic for James the Red, Son of Barnaby. He's a red brindle scottish terrier, AKA red bitey thing. Anyway, here's his newest pic with insets of his baby pics.

Dragoon

ArachnoGoon
Old Timer
Hello
Congrats on the new addition to the family!
May Kitty live long and be the friend you are hoping for!

I just wanted to throw in my own experience with the dogfood.
I have a whippet, a very athletic breed. I got him at 6 months old and he was eating crap food (colored bits of stuff, ugh). I put him on Science Diet because it was one of three my vet recommended. His stools smelled terrible and he pooped a lot, but I attributed it to the worms he came loaded with. (Which got cleared, of course!)

Once he hit 10 months, I was trying to decide what adult food to feed. A friend of mine has rotties and swears by Nutro. They have an active formula, with a picture of a whippet right on the bag. So I decided to try it.
After being on Nutro a week, he was pooping less and it didn't smell as bad! He has tons of energy, and his muscle tone and skin is perfect. He maintains a perfect weight by freefeeding on this food. I'm kicking myself for keeping him on Science Diet so long. IMO, it wasn't a good food.

Cheers
D.

jwmeeker

Arachnopeon
I second the Nutro Natural Choice dog food. We have two German Shepherds that have been on it since puppies (also after being recommended Science Diet by a vet). We did alot of research on dog foods and finally came to a conclusion that it is probably just as healthy as most of the "better" dog food brands and the most cost efficient. If you looked at the link that was posted earlier by WhyTeDraGon it was also listed on there.