You know your really into inverts when...

Thearachnidaddict

Arachnosquire
When your search history is just spiders for sale,arachnoboards,tarantula forum, poecilotheria mettalica care, how to get rid of fungus nats, tarantulas for sale, what is the best substrate for terrestrial tarantulas, what size water dish for AF b hammori,what to do if pet tarantula escaped and vaporized my dog with acid spit, how to sex tarantulas ventrally, inverts for sale,most reputable invert dealers.

Thearachnidaddict

Arachnosquire
When your a teen and can look at a spider for half a second and instantly identify it with its scientific name,when you find yourself responding when people say a slightly incorrect spider fact with actually no

Last edited:

Timc

Arachnosquire
When your salt water aquarist friend doesn’t even use scientific names and you think to yourself “Amateur…”

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
When you are super happy to se night crawlers after it rains outside. My family gets confused when I say I want it to rain so I can find worms and salamanders.

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
When you have an industrial shelving unit in your bedroom to store everything, in addition to 2 other shelving units that take up the entire room.

When you've never kept tarantulas or centipedes and you see an S. dehaani for $20 and say "I'll figure it out on the fly". (not exactly how it went but pretty close)

When the only reason you stay up until 2:00 am every night is to see a centipede come out for 5 minutes every half-hour.

When you leave a big family dinner to catch a bug you saw fly outside, and then you're out there for a half hour looking at bugs.

Ceymann

Arachnoknight
When your salt water aquarist friend doesn’t even use scientific names and you think to yourself “Amateur…”
I have been keeping reef aquariums since 98' and now actually manage a coral farm for one of the biggest vendors in the coral trade (Top Shelf Aquatics)

I used to get so annoyed 15 years ago when people started naming morphs of coral '" super bubblegum lollipop or strawberry dreams etc etc" but nowadays its added to the collectability of coral, grown the hobby and essentially pays my salary, lol

I do wish the coral hobby used latin names more, half the time stuff is misidentified by vendors and hobbyists, sometimes its nit even the right genus

Buggylookslikeyou

Arachnosquire
When you not only turn your expensive mid mod night table into a spoodtopia but you move the heavy thing under the window to get the best light every morning and then back at night to get to your side of the dinner table. Also when guests come over and you redirect them away from the seat closest to the spood setup informing them they might bump your babies. Lastly when you start talking to neighbors and they say “you collect those things I flushed two down the toilet” you kindly tell them off and never speak to them again

Attachments

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
When you not only turn your expensive mid mod night table into a spoodtopia but you move the heavy thing under the window to get the best light every morning and then back at night to get to your side of the dinner table. Also when guests come over and you redirect them away from the seat closest to the spood setup informing them they might bump your babies. Lastly when you start talking to neighbors and they say “you collect those things I flushed two down the toilet” you kindly tell them off and never speak to them again
Spoodtopia. Now added to my vocabulary.

Buggylookslikeyou

Arachnosquire
when see every tiny bug as a free feeder for your inverts
That’s funny but don’t actually feed your pets wild or random caught bugs I made that mistake with my first spood luckily he was ok sometimes they are poisoned or carry bacteria or some other nastiness store bought all the way !

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
“…When your idea of a work-out is a nine mile hike and all the associated flipping/lifting of twenty pound rocks and logs along the way…”

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
“…When you go from telling yourself you’ll never italicize scientific names because it’s too much work to being genuinely irked by the lack of an italics option in your phone’s text messaging system…”

Thanks,

Arthroverts