YES...got my 4th T...an Avic of some sort

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just wanted to share my sheer excitement with everyone. Picked up my 4th tarantula today from a local pet shop. It's an Avic of some sort. They had it labeled as "Avic sp.", and for the price I just could NOT resist any longer. It had been there for over 4 weeks, and I had the hardest time for all that time going into the store and leaving WITHOUT it.

Well, this is my very first arboreal, and I hope to be doing everything right for her/him. For now I'm calling him/her "Blue" because he/she is just absolutely beautiful to me.

And without further delay....tadaa...here she/he is, and the enclosure.
(Please do not hesitate to let me know if you see anything wrong with the enclosure...help is always appreciated :) )

---
Wendy
---

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on the new T. looks good to me...does this mean there are even more T.s to come ?? lol...just bustin your chops a bit...nice looking T.

now all you need is a L. cristata...lol... :D
Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

sanguinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Avics are nice. I've got 3 different kinds. Not sure what that one is. Looks fuzzier than my avic.avic. and greener than my sub metallica. Not a versi. Maybe a mutant? Whatever it is you'll have fun. GOD bless, the living dread, Sanguinarian

Makai

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congratulation Socrates, I just got two new avics (my first arborials) las week and they are lovely, congratulations on your new addition, soon you'll see haow amazing is their webbing

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congrats! Looks like you got yourself an Avicularia metallica there! Mine has those same "fiber optic" silver-whitish hair tips and the blue irridescence, and is also very fuzzy, like yours. I've found them to be very gentle, docile spiders, but really quick when they want to be, and excellent jumpers. Never seen mine give a threat display, though, and unlike my Avic. avicularia, isn't too bad about projectile pooping!

pitbulllady

TheGreenMachine

Arachnopeon
It looks so fuzzy maybe its a Avicularia huriana, I dont see any yellow bands so I doubt its a Avicularia juruensis or Avicularia aurantiaca. Where did you get it?

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
new T

I knew you couldn't go any longer without another one.

You should look into a Dodona Baboon. It species name is P. lugardi. They are really nice terrstrial webbers!

They make web funnels everywhere within their caging.

Ker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pretty little addition, and very nice set up for the container. You did good Lady!! oh.. nice accent by the way !! :p

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you all

Thanks for all your super kind replies. I don't know how or where to begin answering the questions and statements...let's see... :)

Mike, I think I'd better wait a LONG time before even as much as mention the word T A R A N T U L A in my household again...LOL {D ...but I am just SO happy right now!

Makaii, I can hardly wait for "Blue" to start webbing...but right now I just can't stop staring at her...

Pitbulllady & TheGreenMachine, I honestly don't know what kind of Avic she/he is, and in all honesty, it doesn't matter to me because I paid $20.00 for her...no shipping..and just hope to have her/him with me for many more years. :) ...oh, and I got her at a local pet shop in my town in Jersey...they got her from a breeder (so they say) from Florida???

ChrisNCT....You REALLY want to get me in trouble, don't ya???? :D

Thanks again to you all....<insert Wendy singing a happy song>

---
Wendy
---

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ker said:
Pretty little addition, and very nice set up for the container. You did good Lady!! oh.. nice accent by the way !! :p

Thanks Ker...I'm STILL smiling from ear to ear....that was AWESOME!

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats one beautiful pinktoe. I like your enclosure setup. I am not too certain on what kind of species it is but it does have the white hairs so my guess would be metallica. avics avics arent usually that fuzzy.

blckwidow75

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wendy, I clicked on the thread before I realized YOU were the starter! Oh my!! Congrats to you. That is a beautiful Avic (maybe Metallica?) and your enclosure looks perfect. :) But I DO know you are going to have to mention the word "tarantula" once more at least b/c you still don't have that Robustum!! :D

Ker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Maybe one more.. without blaming me and Chris for it??? YOU love em too.. we are only here to aid you in your addiction!! {D

RazorRipley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ker said:
Maybe one more.. without blaming me and Chris for it??? YOU love em too.. we are only here to aid you in your addiction!! {D
I refuse to encourage people to purchase silly things like arachnids. And I told your husband about it... He said hes sending you to live with me. So pack up your spiders n head out! {D

karen_in_aspen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
uh-HUH!!!

Socrates said:
ChrisNCT....You REALLY want to get me in trouble, don't ya???? :D
Thanks again to you all....<insert Wendy singing a happy song>
---
Wendy
---
wait!!! I want to get you in trouble, too!! + hear the wendy "happy song"! ???? awww gosh!
Looks like I'm a bit late on the response tag team here...wendy...you crazy cutie!! got'cherself another T, didja????
you crack me up!!! most chicks, [well, maybe I've been in ASPEN too long,]
but, most chicks watch, like...SWEATERS going on sale..not TARANTULAS!!!! {D which is why you're so dang cute!!! :p
congrats & bon chance!!! [good luck-- of cource you knew that]
jealous in aspen :cool: [yep..kk]

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congradulation Wendy on the new tarantula. I knew it wouldn't be long before you got another one. Your real lucky to have petshop like this one in your area of Jersey. Ours down here only carries the usual G. roseas, B. smithis, and sometimes a P. murinis OBT. The family will get over you getting more and I bet the boys love it. My husband gave in to my addiction which is really unusual for him. Hey, you sure have become a popular girl on here. Have fun.

Sharon

Mark

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it is a good one
I think you can take care of her
Best regards :)

jesses

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
pitbulllady said:
Congrats! Looks like you got yourself an Avicularia metallica there! Mine has those same "fiber optic" silver-whitish hair tips and the blue irridescence, and is also very fuzzy, like yours. I've found them to be very gentle, docile spiders, but really quick when they want to be, and excellent jumpers. Never seen mine give a threat display, though, and unlike my Avic. avicularia, isn't too bad about projectile pooping!

pitbulllady
The T in the picture is an A. Avic. The fiber optic is a lighting/flash effect