YAY! My Aphonopelma Hentzi's First Post-Moult Meal!

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My little A. hentzi girl I got from Wayne T. moulted a little over a week ago, and just took her first post-mould meal of a big, fat cricket! Now, hopefully it won't be long before she regains her pre-moult "girlish figure", LOL! This is such a sweet little T; nobody can convince me that some of them don't enjoy contact with people, since she will always willingly climb up the sides of her enclosure when I open it and step up onto my hand, with no coaxing. She is perfectly content to hang out on the front of my shoulder while I surf the net, even grooming herself while out! You couldn't ask for a more personable little creature! What she lacks in size or bright coloration, she more than makes up for in personality.

pitbulllady

Angelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
whats her size? a. hentzi's are pretty little creatures :) just wish theyd grow faster..urrghh...just like my a.moderatum. well, nothin anyone can do about it. my a. mod's a cool little dude too. :)

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
pitbulllady said:
My little A. hentzi girl I got from Wayne T. moulted a little over a week ago, and just took her first post-mould meal of a big, fat cricket! Now, hopefully it won't be long before she regains her pre-moult "girlish figure", LOL! This is such a sweet little T; nobody can convince me that some of them don't enjoy contact with people, since she will always willingly climb up the sides of her enclosure when I open it and step up onto my hand, with no coaxing. She is perfectly content to hang out on the front of my shoulder while I surf the net, even grooming herself while out! You couldn't ask for a more personable little creature! What she lacks in size or bright coloration, she more than makes up for in personality.

pitbulllady
Hey! I almost missed this one! :D I am so relieved she finally molted. I'd held off for a couple weeks, if you'll remember, because I thought she was close. But she did eat like two days before I sent her...so go figure :?
You must break out that new camera and fire us off a picture or two!

And I must concur with you on her personality...I really didn't want to let her go because she was such a sweet little strawberry blonde! Her grooming herself while you surf the net is priceless! {D

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats! My A. hentzi's are full grown, and while smaller than some T's..not "that" small. Athough I wouldnt dare try and measure them, they hate me, lol.

~Crystal

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
thegeckobarn said:
Congrats! My A. hentzi's are full grown, and while smaller than some T's..not "that" small. Athough I wouldnt dare try and measure them, they hate me, lol.

~Crystal
I meant to comment on this...you'd said it in another post somewhere. Do they really hate you? I get them in the wild here, and every one I've ever "met" has been a doll :D

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol, ive had a few that were calm, although all of them have given threat displays without much coaxing. The 2 I have now are by far the meanest ive had so far. Especially the bluish female, she's satan herself! LOL.
Im sure they'd let me hold them, if I was cautious, but...to wave anything around above them is just asking to get bitten!

~Crystal

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
@chiclidsman...i think its oklahoma brown or something similar (prob. "just another brown T!) but i'm going to get me some soon.
i don't mind small t's. anything similar size to my 4 1/2" rosie is fine with me (i refuse to hold my slings..1/4" is too much like a housespider...but as long as they get to be 3" when they are grown i'm ok.).
dianne

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've never seen an aggressive Aphonopelma of ANY species! I have two A. hentzi's(well, I THINK one is an A. hentzi-it came from Louisiana, which I THOUGHT was within that species' range, but it looks nothing like the one from OK), and while one is flighty and jumpy, the only time she's shown any aggression is when I accidentally disturbed her while she still had a tiny bit of food bolus in her fangs, and she probably assumed I wanted to steal her supper! The other, the one from Oklahoma, is as sweet a T as you could ever hope to see. Like I said, what they lack in color, they make up for in personality!

pitbulllady

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I did post a pic of her awhile back, right before she moulted. I do need to take an update shot, though, since she changed color quite dramatically when she moulted.

pitbulllady

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
pitbulllady said:
I did post a pic of her awhile back, right before she moulted. I do need to take an update shot, though, since she changed color quite dramatically when she moulted.

pitbulllady
Yes you do... :D

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I guess ive been blessed with the "special" ones. Which is alright, one of them is a stunning beauty with her blue sheen. Really pretty to look at.
Not that I need to handle them anyway, ive got my G. rosea for that :D

~Crystal

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
thegeckobarn said:
I guess ive been blessed with the "special" ones. Which is alright, one of them is a stunning beauty with her blue sheen. Really pretty to look at.
Not that I need to handle them anyway, ive got my G. rosea for that :D

~Crystal
Love to see a pic of the one with the bluish sheen, sometime. I can't get over when these plainly colored little T's molt, how soft and pink they look.
If I ever get extras Crystal, I'd be happy to forward one to you!

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Remind me to take a picture on Saturday! Going to my sister's house (who has a camera) for mine and my son's b-day party, so ill just snatch it up, lol.
Hopefully its good enough quality to show the color, ill try.

What I could REALLY use is a male. Can't seem to find any here! Just big ole' females.
In this particular area that I go to, ive seen some that are really dark, like a dark chocolate color, to some that are a redish color-light brown. And then this blueish one. Very fun to see what will come out of that hole each time! :D

~Crystal

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
thegeckobarn said:
Remind me to take a picture on Saturday! Going to my sister's house (who has a camera) for mine and my son's b-day party, so ill just snatch it up, lol.
Hopefully its good enough quality to show the color, ill try.

What I could REALLY use is a male. Can't seem to find any here! Just big ole' females.
In this particular area that I go to, ive seen some that are really dark, like a dark chocolate color, to some that are a redish color-light brown. And then this blueish one. Very fun to see what will come out of that hole each time! :D

~Crystal
Crystal, I have two in my possesion as we speak! Interested?

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hope this works. This is a dark female that I found last October. Sent her to a friend a few months ago.

~Crystal

Attachments

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She's a cutie! Looking forward to the trade Crystal! :D