Y Diversipes Sling challenges

Mikcaxi

Arachnopeon
1000008533.jpg 1000008528.jpg New Y Diversipes sling, had it for a week and a half, or if 11 new slings, it's the only one that won't eat. He also hasn't made any web. I've tried live and prekilled crickets, and also switched his enclosure to a slightly smaller one. In his original it lived in the lid and the bark/ leaves weren't tall enough. In the new one, it spends more time on the bark and leaves. He seems to run from prey, but looks to skinny for premolt. He is very quick and difficult to open the enclosure without escape. The pics show him when he arrived in the first enclosure (ignore the paper towel, that's from transport and removed), the other is the new enclosure, that bark is slim and on the one side. Versicolor is about the same size in the same enclosure design, eating and webbing lots. Any feedback? Should I just leave him for a week before trying again? Try a mealworm instead? Does the enclosure look OK for a 1/2" sling?

Mikcaxi

Arachnopeon
It needs water
You can’t compare species
He has a full water dish and I've seen him drink water off the side of the enclosure as well. Not looking to compare, more of an observation about how quickly one settled into its enclosure based on the setup and size. Based on my research the conditions and setup is comparable for the species, is that incorrect?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
He has a full water dish and I've seen him drink water off the side of the enclosure as well. Not looking to compare, more of an observation about how quickly one settled into its enclosure based on the setup and size. Based on my research the conditions and setup is comparable for the species, is that incorrect?
From your out of focus pic- it’s too skinny
Setup seems fine

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
He needs time to settle every time you switch enclosures. I always try to feed before a swap in case the new digs throw them into a tizzy.

What size of prey have you tried? Is he maybe afraid of something too large?

The few times I've done rehouses and they seemed to have declined, too scared to eat, etc, I take a large fake leaf and drape it over the enclosure so it doesn't block ventilation but gives them complete darkness. Things go back to normal, webbing has resumed, turrets and wall curtains raze.

cold blood

Staff member
its not too skinny...its recently molted, so being skinny is nothing but normal.

I would say its way too damp in there...bordering on a death trap...vials can be tricky with moisture, which is why I don't use them.....dry that out.....when things get too damp and stuffy, avic types go downhill slowly, and not eating is the first thing that happens...then they are on the ground, then they start dying.