Xenesthis Spec

decirp

Arachnopeon
Hey all. I currently have a 3 tarantulas, tlitocatl albopilosum, bracyhpelma klaasi and a bracyypelma auratum.
I will be attending the Toronto reptile show and am considering a xenesthis immanis or spec blue.
I have done lots of reading but just want to confirm on husbandry. I am aware they need some humidity, would be wetting part of the substrate be suffice Or does it require more? Also would this be a good spider for my next step? Thank you all for taking the time and Happy New Years.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Moist deep substrate and a hide. They are much mire unforgiving with the set ups than say a typical beginner speicies like a T albo. Trust me, i have had a bunch of them. Both X immanis and X intermedia. They are far more nervous and skittish too, making them a bad beginner speicies. Not mention they are expensive! Especially now days. When i kept them 10+ years ago they where also expenssive, but i guess they are more costly now?

Kitara

Arachnodemon
I clearly have a broken one. I got him at an expo a couple months ago for $85 (but also got a mantis for free) and he's about 2". He's just about my most chill T, doesn't burrow, attacks feeders awesomely and is always out in the open. His sub is deep and damp and he has a hide, but he doesn't care. Just sits out in the open just being happy to be a T. (I'm beginner-ish too.)

decirp

Arachnopeon
thanks all I appreciate all the feedback, much appreciated and helpful

Ella1984

Arachnopeon
Classifieds User
I have 2 Xenesthis Immanis. Love them a lot. Very cute, leggy. Little skittish but not defensive or aggressive at all. Substrate keep moist with a water dish . They always stay open. Very cute spiders. Get it for sure.