Species Xenesthis immanis

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Really, hows that going? I've been thinking of transfering to smaller enclosures. Where do you get your supply, can you get some pics of some of overall look of the delicups? Thanks.

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Really, hows that going? I've been thinking of transfering to smaller enclosures. Where do you get your supply, can you get some pics of some of overall look of the delicups? Thanks.
Never had a problem. I've kept them like this for a long time and all sizes. IMO its better to keep them with less room than more room. This is how most serious hobbiest keep them as there are more benefits and also reduces the negatives of bigger enclosures.

this thread should be of interest
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=72718&highlight=manny+mrl

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Never had a problem. I've kept them like this for a long time and all sizes. IMO its better to keep them with less room than more room. This is how most serious hobbiest keep them as there are more benefits and also reduces the negatives of bigger enclosures.

I would love to house my Ts like that, where do you get the delis from? What are the dimensions? Sorry if I missed it somewhere.

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I would love to house my Ts like that, where do you get the delis from? What are the dimensions? Sorry if I missed it somewhere.
Sorry, I forgot to post the link.

http://superiorenterprise.com/

http://superiorenterprise.com/index.php?cPath=21&osCsid=348c31112b740936eeda45e80cd5b986

Anything over 6" in LS I put in a 9.75" dia. cup. I suggest the 3" deep ones be used, unless you have something that is an obligate burrower, then those are deeper. I have always gotten the ones with prepunched holes.

FerrariSF

Arachnopeon
Wow beautiful Ts you have there. I never know Xenesthis immanis female can become such beauty. All the while i thought only the male of this species would have such fancy color. Guess i'm wrong huh{D

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks MRL, how deep are the other ones, the 190oz ones. Also, what containers do you use for arboreals?

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks MRL, how deep are the other ones, the 190oz ones. Also, what containers do you use for arboreals?
The deep ones I use are like 5.5" I think. They're also good for big bulky ones like T. blondi etc.

How many do you need? I am cutting down big time and was planning on selling some. If you need a little I can send you some just for shipping to save the trouble of actually buying all their min. requirement.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That would be awesome, I'll be sure to PM you in a bit. Also, what do you house arboreals in?

Last edited:

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Nice pictures. I like the looks of these spiders, even their rump :)

Regarding sizes of enclosures, well..'how most serious hobby collectors' keep them anyway, mostly for practical reasons. (Practical for the hobbyist). Do we know if the spiders care? No, whatever some like to say. It all depends on how much work you want to put into it, how much space you have, how many spiders you feel that you need, and if you want to display the enclosures.

And for species like Avicularia, that will create a distinct tubeweb if given a large enough enclosure, and just web everything (treat the whole jar as its hide) if stuffed in a jar or equivalent, it doesn't seem entirely right to keep them in a jar, or other smaller enclosure.

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That would be awesome, I'll be sure to PM you in a bit. Also, what do you house arboreals in?
Arboreals are tough.. for large adults I use regular 2.5" gallon tanks on their ends so it is longer vertically. For smaller adults (most avics) I used the small sized Kritter Keepers on its end. and simply taped the vent holes on the bottom so no substrate would come out. KK's are a pain in the butt though. With the 2.5's on their end, I would have a piece of glass taped or glued to the bottom front portion to keep the subtrate in and it helps with humidity.

When they're small and growing up I used the 6" tall deli cups. These are great because they stack over each other just like the big deli's do.

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry that my camera kinda sucks, but I took some pictures when I first started to put them in an incubator, and this one is the best. The other pics are very blurry so I figured I can at least put this one here for now. Again sorry that my camera sucks, but this is the best I can do for now.

Attachments

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
well congrats either way, and best of luck with their futures. :clap:

is that how many there were total? or were some no good? if that was the total...i can definitely see why they are expensive!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!! How many eggs with legs do you have?

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
This is one of my 7.5" females of X. immanis eating a small snake.

Last edited:

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Likely it was an already dead baby. I've done this a couple of times with corns that died/where died by me for refusing food for too long.

chris 71

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just took these now. i don't know for sure if this is a female he's mating with as i never sexed { her?} but they have molted the same number of times but on the last molt only the one ended up a ultimate male i did see a coulpe inserts so with a little luck who nows

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah i hope it was a female too. if they mated in an appropriate manner, then chances are that it is a female... unless they are oddballs {D i wouldn't mate something that wasn't sexed ;) better to sex them, you could one day end up with two males munching on each other if you are not careful, or just passively walking past one another.

good pics, btw!

-dan