Wow was my rosie in a mood!

Sydney A

Arachnopeon
Normally she's pretty docile. I usually drop a couple crickets in biweekly, no trouble. This time I offered a meal worm with tongs. She attacked the tongs so hard (not the worm) that I almost dropped them and I heard her fangs hit the tongs. I'm amazed how hard she hit them, Needless to say I dropped the meal worm. She then dug through the coco fiber to find the meal worm and grabbed it. That was awesome to see. She's a lot stronger then I thought! Just thought I would share.

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Gotta love mood swings lol. I had my Rosie nearly flip over she was Threat posing so hard. She spent the next hour angry and flipping at the slightest noise.

cold blood

Staff member
Normally she's pretty docile. I usually drop a couple crickets in biweekly.
That's a TON of feeding for this species. There is no reason to ever offer more than one prey item at a time for them, and twice a week...I feed mine 2-4 crickets a month (and she's fat), that's what (or likely less than) you're feeding every week. This feeding schedule is a great way to end her enthusiasm for food for a long time. Like I regularly say, this species is probably the most over-fed species in captivity.

Nice to hear that you got a good eater though:wink:

Sydney A

Arachnopeon
I said I feed 2 crickets biweekly. You said 2-4 crickets a month. Do you know what biweekly means? Every 2 weeks she gets fed. I buy small crickets and she's quite large. Two weeks ago she had two small crickets. Today she had a meal worm. Biweekly means every two weeks. I also get small crickets because they smash up easier. She is not overfed. Sigh. I always feel like I need to defend myself on message boards. Still better then parenting boards. Yikes.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I said I feed 2 crickets biweekly. You said 2-4 crickets a month. Do you know what biweekly means? Every 2 weeks she gets fed. I buy small crickets and she's quite large. Two weeks ago she had two small crickets. Today she had a meal worm. Biweekly means every two weeks. I also get small crickets because they smash up easier. She is not overfed. Sigh.
Someone's a little moody today.

Sydney A

Arachnopeon
Damn straight. This is a great place for advice, but to be slammed by a know it all that knows nothing about my particular situation or the term biweekly...

Sydney A

Arachnopeon
Sorry. I had to have my dog put down today. So yeah, I am moody and felt attacked.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Sorry. I had to have my dog put down today. So yeah, I am moody and felt attacked.
I'm really sorry for your loss. :( I promise though, cold blood is one of the nicest people here. He always gives good advice and I'm positive he didn't mean his reply as an attack. :) welcome to the boards.

cold blood

Staff member
I hate to be the literacy police, but bi-weekly means twice a week...you feed bi-monthly, which is a good schedule.

You were not "slammed", you need to understand that the info is for all viewers, not just yourself, and most people do, in fact over-feed their rosehairs....its not my fault you don't know what bi-weekly means. Rest assured, i wasn't slamming you, it was nothing personal. I was literally just trying to help.

My heart goes out to you, losing a dog is one of the toughest things life brings IME. Good luck dealing with that horrible loss, its not easy.

Last edited:

Sydney A

Arachnopeon
Thanks, and I have posted several times, my post count always says zero. I guess I don't exist, lol.

cold blood

Staff member
Thanks, and I have posted several times, my post count always says zero. I guess I don't exist, lol.
Posting in the "chat" forum doesn't count towards your post number....its just a meaningless number anyway, don't worry about it...you could have zero posts and mad knowledge and 1000 and be a complete goof just the same;)

Sydney A

Arachnopeon
Bi·week·ly/bīˈwēklē/
adjective adverb
appearing or taking place every two weeks or twice a week.

Seems we were both right or both wrong depending on how you look at it. Either way I look like an nasty bitch and should just back away. Sorry I disrupted you all.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
You have to post in the right forums for the counts: here it is in Tarantula Questions & Discussions.
I was going to defend you on the biweekly -- I work in home health and biweekly means every 2 weeks, for twice a week we say 2Xwk. Bimonthly is every other month -- or Q60.
But I googled it and it turns out biweekly can mean every 2 weeks or twice a week. So, you're both right.
You seem nice enough and I promise you Cold Blood picked a horrible user name because he is warm hearted and kind.
I am sorry about your dog. I lost mine Oct 2012 and still miss her. She was 15, so had a good life and I hope yours had a long life too.
Welcome to the boards here!
Next time your rosie threat poses -- take a picture!

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
And hey, it means both, we were both right, or wrong depending on your view:)
Admit it! You googled it too! lol
Hey, I really didn't know it could mean both.
Had we been playing Trivia Pursuit, I wouldn't have gotten my piece of pie, I guess.

cold blood

Staff member
Admit it! You googled it too! lol
Hey, I really didn't know it could mean both.
Had we been playing Trivia Pursuit, I wouldn't have gotten my piece of pie, I guess.
I did not. I didn't know it could mean both, either.

I'd be short that piece of pie as well, I guess.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh the joy's of owning a Grammostola I couldn't be without it. I've had my 6" pulchra do this only she bolted right up the tongs then my forearm and sat in the crease below my bicep I stood still so she wouldn't fall and just said " please Mrs do not bite me there" at that she returned to the gentle slow moving sweetheart she is I guess I must have spooked her or something

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I did not. I didn't know it could mean both, either.
I'd be short that piece of pie as well, I guess.
Cool -- that's a nice trait -- you're more trusting than me. If I see anything I doubt here, I consult Dr Google. I guess I am just a fact checker. I have trust issues. lol