Worrysome pokie cyst? Or growth

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
B61FD4B6-2D42-40D1-9838-80504C1DD381.jpeg 0FF20982-7B07-4887-9FD5-3994204B5D44.jpeg
I removed her from the enclosure and think I figured out what caused it.
Either the log was too rough or needs sanding . Do you sand a old log?
I’m not 100% sure it caused it tho .
Do you think idodine could help? Or just leave it go, wait for next molt coming soon.
She also lost a leg so I imagine molt coming .
She is acting normal not lethargic or sick tho.

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Any idea what this actually is or anyone had this problem? P striata female probably 7.5”-8”.:(
Any help?

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
You definitely don’t need to sand the wood. Plus, a healthy T doesn’t drag its opisthosoma when moving. So, at least that’s out of the way. Now, some pokie expert must chime in...

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
Fungal infection that got into a scratch or something maybe? Wasn't there a spider with something similar a while ago that got treated with like iodine or something. I doubt someone would want to be applying anything to a pokie's abdomen though lol especially when we aren't sure what's going on here and it may not even be helpful.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Fungal infection that got into a scratch or something maybe? Wasn't there a spider with something similar a while ago that got treated with like iodine or something. I doubt someone would want to be applying anything to a pokie's abdomen though lol especially when we aren't sure what's going on here and it may not even be helpful.
ITs so weird too her tank was kept dry no idea how a fungus would get in there , it would be impossible to put iodine at that spot probably. She looks healthy but the growth has me worried.:nurse:
You definitely don’t need to sand the wood. Plus, a healthy T doesn’t drag its opisthosoma when moving. So, at least that’s out of the way. Now, some pokie expert must chime in...
Yeah I’ve never seen a pokie drag it’s abdomen so much while sitting on a log . I’ll show a pic of her new housing tho it has no bark or anything to climb at then moment. Might add some moss tonight.:eek:
Definitely could use some pokies expert , professionals advice !!!

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
ITs so weird too her tank was kept dry no idea how a fungus would get in there , it would be impossible to put iodine at that spot probably. She looks healthy but the growth has me worried.:nurse:
Honestly it seems unlikely to me just a possible idea, if she's acting normal it might just go away next molt.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Looks like either a drag injury or burn from a heat source.
I think her log was too abrasive not sure if I should discard it or find a way to sand it or just remove outer bark.
Will she recover after molt ?
I don’t use any heat sources, room is 70.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Never needed to sand wood.
I removed wood put her in a plastic xl cheese ball container with. A styrofoam hide she’s never used should I cover it with something to climb ? Wish I had money for cork bark . Still waiting to see if she’s fine post molt probably just the wood caused irritation?
Get you. A pick soon I’m probably going to move her to another container maybe a large kritter keeper . Oh never min I have a vertical 10 gallon with plexiglass lid just needs door re super glued . Is glue gun the best option?

Last edited:

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
send a picture of the enclosure the incident occurred. It looks like a nasty drag to me. But I cannot form any proper Ideas unless I see the entire enclosure. please send a photo.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
send a picture of the enclosure the incident occurred. It looks like a nasty drag to me. But I cannot form any proper Ideas unless I see the entire enclosure. please send a photo.
I’ve thrown out the log suspected for the cyst and put it in a. New enclosure couldn’t risk for damage. It has stabilized the spider seems to be acting healthy.
Get you pics of new set up soon what’s a alternatice for wood to climb on in a large 10gal fliped vertical for aboreal ?
I gotta re glue the. Lid on it .

Last edited: