Women are great!

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My wife is an arachnophobe.

She has made some real progress when it comes to tarantulas and actually likes my Avics :eek:

She was dead set against me getting any scorps though. She did relent and let me get a couple of little emps (which she hates) but after the emps she placed a blanket ban on all scorps, fair enough, I thought, she is an arachnophobe and she is really cool with my T addiction (I'm upto 20 now and she never complains when I show up with a new T) so how can I complain?

Anyway a package arrived Tuesday.
[/IMG
At this point I had no clue what was inside, talk about excited I felt like a kid at Christmas {D
[/IMG]
Anyway I dug in and found.........

My wife had seen me mooning over the H.laoticus The Spider Shop had for sale on their website, and secretly ordered me a couple, how cool is that?
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

So women are great, more specifically my wife (love you babe xXx) and big virtual kiss to all you ladies out there {D

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi :)
ill speak with lee at the spider shop for more detailed pics, unless you can get me pics of the claws??

thats not an H.laoticus, it looks rarer :)

VERY nice scorp by the way

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Right I'll try and get some pics of their claws, any specific angles?

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
one from the front, and one pic of the EYES area,( the whole Prosoma....)

final-sting

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
@ nightbreed

Very cool present! :clap: (maybe your wife have a sister? :) ;) )

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
{D Yep, she has a sister but there is no way you could persuade her to have T's or scorps in the house {D

Yeah, they are nice scorps, but my wife is better.....there are somethings you just cant do with a scorp :} {D

Right heres the pics, sorry they are not great.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Thanks for the help, if you need any more pics just ask.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
VERY VERY VERY nice :)

im getting a locality off Lee, but he says it was caught in China or Honh kong....
i dont think that there are Hets in these countries.. so ill wait for him to contact his dealer

its looking like H.petersii petersii or H.spinifer spinifer

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for the help. :)

I've heard of H.spinifer and google has provided some info, petersii on the other hand I've never heard of and it doesn't exist as far as google is concerned, well thats a lie its been mentioned but I can find no real info.

Do I need to change their set up? I've got them in a P.imp type enclosure at the mo, deep substrate, pretty high humidity, plenty of hides and a water bowl.

Any info and help is greatly appreciated

Thanks again.

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i think that your set-up is fine.

keep the high humidity, water bowl and hides. mine burrow deep into the substrate (even digging up the pebbles I use for the false bottom set-up they are in).

good luck :)

Last edited:

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'll keep doing what I'm doing then.

These scorps are great they are the gift that keeps on giving {D first I had the surprise, now I have a mystery :D

They are awsome to watch as well, very active at night, and they aren't very aggressive either bit skittish but not defensive.......so far :D

Thanks again.

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cheers :)
Do you know where I could find some info on them?

Are these sexually dimorphic in any way? as my wife swears she saw them "dancing" on a flat piece of rock last night :?

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
you can see the sexual dimorphism well in your pics, the male has Carinae (ridges on the claw) which stick out more than on the female, and he seems to have more granulation, and larger claws; all characteristics of Males

H.petersii.. there is no info, it may be common in people collections, but only misidentified as other species!

its very similar to H.spinifer and H.laoticus, in every respect
(im getting 2 now, i think)

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Okey dokey, so my better half could of been right they may well of been "courting" well in theory anyway :)
I'll treat as spinifer and laoticus, I'm a major noob when it comes to scorps but I would recommend these guys they are really active and very interesting to watch :)

Thanks for your help.

Empi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You have one hell of a wife there nightbreed. I need to get me a woman like that! {D Very nice scorps as well mate. :drool: Your just lucky all the way around!