wolf spider and babies

duncan27

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
caught this little girl about a month ago. The eggs just hatched last night. :clap:

Godzirra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ohhhhhhhhhh sweet!!!
They are so tiny and plentiful, congrats..........how are you looking after them?

duncan27

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'll let them stay on a well fed momma until they climb off on their own. Then I will remove momma and let them have the cage to themselves. Plenty of room to spread out, but I am sure there will be some canibalism. Spray them about every other day lightly. Fun to watch them all drink the drops.

Raise some pin heads to throw in and may have to grab some little critters from the yard. If I remember correctly, last time I had wolf babies I threw in a gutted cricket and they went for that too.

If anyone has ideas or experience, I am all ears'

Johnnyster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sweetttt! .... I had one just like that one and I took it back where I got it from and released it and all her lil canniballistic brood. But yeah, if you want to raise them, that is the way to do it. Use something like a toothpick to guide them to the gutted cricket and watch it attach to it,,...its funny.

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome! I'm waiting for my wolf spider's sac to hatch still. It's been over two weeks and still nothing. Not sure when to expect them, as I've never kept them before.

duncan27

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
this is my second wolf with eggsac. The first one took a week to hatch, this one was almost a month.

Already found 1 little one running around the cage... getting a head start on the others. I think I know who will be one of the survivors, lol.

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Where do you live? We have wolf spiders all over the place here in Pennsylvania. I could actually collect->sell them if there was any demand for them.

duncan27

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I live in southern cali. wolf spiders are all over the place here. We got the little guys though about the size of a quarter at the largest. Not sure what type of market you would get as I think wolfs are pretty abundant everywhere

Malcara

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah they are all over FL as well in some places anyway. There really isn't much market except in maybe colder states or other countries.

proper_tea

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Where do you live? We have wolf spiders all over the place here in Pennsylvania. I could actually collect->sell them if there was any demand for them.
What kind of wolfs are you finding? Generally the ones I find are tiny. I hear that the Carolina wolf is around, but I've never seen it.

duncan27

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:(
I am sad to say I lost my whole lot. A lot of my animals are kept outside since they are from this area. I have a nice little spot in the backyard that I have set up cages and this evening while checking on everyone, the wolf spider cage was infested with ants. :8o

By the time I found out momma was totally gone, dismantled and removed by the ants, and there were no babies to be found. I never had this problem before, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised seeing as I keep them outside. None of the other critters were disturbed, they must have had a craving for wolf tonight. Well to avoid further problems with ants I have placed water dishes under each leg of my shelf. Damn, I am so bummed.

On a funnier note, 2 of my chinese mantids have noticed each other. For the past 3 days they are at the edge of their cages (closest to each other, even with a milli cage between them) having a stare down. Even when I feed them they catch the fly and still stare each other down. Take a couple bites, stare, take a couple bites, stare. They haven't left their respective corners since yesterday morning. So this afternoon I moved them out of site of each other.

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Up here in ny I see wolf spiders about 2 inches long. theres this wolf spider under a rock that has a nice egg sack. I thinks she gonna pop ral soon. The larges I seen em iwas a male about 3 in long.