Will They Get Angry?

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey all,
ok i've just divided a tank hadrurus arizonensis A.K.A Wesker and Hadogenes troglodytes A.K.A Blade, looks wicked only thing im worried about is i've got the substrate the same level :? Will they piss each other off?

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i've not had any problems with divided tanks

well
i lied
my V. spinigerus likes to dig and crawl under the divider
thats what I get for not sealing the bottom edge

other than that, i've had no problems

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i once crudely separated a baby H.spinifer from a baby P.imperator ages ago, the H.spinifer climbed over the divider, and i found them both under the same hide :p
so i removed the divider

the only problem you can have, is if they can get past the divider, or reach through it (like some Spaniards have found out :D)

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
As long as you gota glass\platic tank divider that go's from the top of the tank all the way to the bottom of the tank it will be all good no worries :)

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i just had to share this pic, i had almost forgotten about it

I had just introduced the two and it didn't go over very well... fortunately i had that sheet of 8x10 plexi laying around...
they're fine now and sharing a burrow under the water dish

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool, h.a is digging around the bottom at the mo luckly the glass is flush with the bottom, he don't look happy with it though, can he sense the other scorp?

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
is the bottom at least taped?
mine is flush with the bottom on my H.a. and V. spinigerus tank, and the V. spini's still get underneath it.

They should also be able to sence the pheromones from the otherside as well...

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey Isaac, out of those 2 that were divided (the P.imps) and didnt get along at first, are they male and female? if so, which was the aggressor? (I've found the females are moody, while males are chillin, wondering if anyone else seen this)

Milo

Arachnopeon
Arlius said:
Hey Isaac, out of those 2 that were divided (the P.imps) and didnt get along at first, are they male and female? if so, which was the aggressor? (I've found the females are moody, while males are chillin, wondering if anyone else seen this)
i'll know soon enough! i have a male coming in tomorrow that im going to throw into a 10-gallon with my female. i'll keep ya posted on how it goes.

hopefully well, given how much money i've put into that tank....

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
FortCooper1982 said:
Hey all,
ok i've just divided a tank hadrurus arizonensis A.K.A Wesker and Hadogenes troglodytes A.K.A Blade, looks wicked only thing im worried about is i've got the substrate the same level :? Will they piss each other off?
Just make sure one can't get to the other. Hadogenes are cannibalistic, if I recall correctly.

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So far so good i got home for work today and there both just chilling, there's nothing alone the bottom only the sides front and back, its pretty solid, i cant get the glass to the top as there's like two glass plates sticking out its very close to the top though?

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Arlius said:

Actually, they're both females.
the agressor was the new female after having the first for several months.

Fluid Filter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Arlius said:
I have a male and female emperor and the male is super docile while the female is of low tolerance. I named them snuggles and nibbler and i'll let you decide which is which.

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The most importnt is to put a hard wall between them. Never use a grid. I used that and the result was a violent battle of an H.arizonensis against B. occitanus. The last one almost die for this mistake.

Take care guy.

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Androctonus_bic said:
The most importnt is to put a hard wall between them. Never use a grid. I used that and the result was a violent battle of an H.arizonensis against B. occitanus. The last one almost die for this mistake.

Take care guy.

I remember your thread didn't B. occitanus come back to life, unreal. The divider is glass so hopefully wont have no problems.