Will lobster roaches climb in an arboreal set up?

Cocoa-Jin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im just curious, if Im able to convince my wife let me get an arboreal, I was wondering if my lobsters(nymphs, sub-adults, adults) would climb in the "trees"/foliage for the T to get to.

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
prolly.. but for the most part i would think them hiding in the substrate

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine just hid in the substrate. once they find a place to hide they don't like to come out.lol

Cocoa-Jin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So maybe a substrate-less set up would be good? Im thinking of a floor of small pebbles so they cant burrow, on top a bed of coco-fiber(to hold in moisture) and a thin smattering of fiber or moss or something on top.

The hope is to not allow any place for the roaches to dig in...the more I think about it the harder it seems.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You're always gonna have roaches burrowing in the substrate...there's not much you can do about it.

I always place them on the wall of an enclosure. They generally explore the level of the terrarium they're first placed on before moving down and find the first place to hide, even if it's high above the floor of the terrarium.

I always pick roaches I find on top of the egg cartons...they seem to be the slowest to descend.