will injury effect birth

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have a gravid P. leisoma since the day I got her she has been rather slow. I figured a gravid scorpion might be more defensive so i tought that maybe she was just a fatty. Since I've got her she's ate one medium cricket and two roaches. And she has gotten fatter. I can even see some embreyos. Well today I was remodeling her inclosure so i moved her to a small plastic container. It was then that I noticed that her two front legs are ripped. You can see where the injury healed itself. I'm not worried about her dying on me since I'm sure those injuries have been there and i've had her for a few months already. I'm just thinking she might want to try to burrow to give birth and maybe this might effect the process. What do you guys think?

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey,

If your worried about it make her a burrow yourself.

Cheers,
Ryan

kotex

Arachnopeon
my Heterometrus spinifer also have one of the leg ripped off..not the whole leg but just the tip of it...will it produce a new 1 after a molt?

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my Heterometrus spinifer also have one of the leg ripped off..not the whole leg but just the tip of it...will it produce a new 1 after a molt?
If it isn't mature (mature scorps dont molt, unlike female T's) then yes, it should eventually come back. Even if it doesnt, such an injury is nothing to stress about, especially if he/she is still eating and such.

kotex

Arachnopeon
oh no.. lol my spinifer is already an adult ... but nvm its does'nt affect him much

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If he's adult, he will never regrow it, scorpions will only regenerate a little bit each molt, a juvenile with several molts ahead could possibly regenerate an entire leg..