Wildlife Photography!

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful shots, what!!

Crysta, look for an RPS studio mini softbox. It's suppose to slide right over your flash and you can direct your light at your subject very easily

---------- Post added 03-17-2011 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-16-2011 at 11:52 PM ----------

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer
July 2000. Picture scanned from a slide.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

July 1998. Again, scanned from a slide.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Whew! I'm way out of my league in this thread, I can see! I used to produce some pretty nice stuff with my 35 mm, but of course I can't post those and even if I could it wouldn't match the quality of these photos.

But, here is one point and shoot picture I was sort of pleased with that I posted in Not So Spineless wonders a while back....

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow guys great pictures ! this thread seems more popular! :)

Im still doing macro photography with moving insects so sorry for the quality/blurryness due to lowish shutter speed. I will make a flash..... next week! lol but i thought I would get used to working with suck low depth of field...
5mm

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Watch out for a high ISO, as well. You want to shoot with a low as possible ISO (preferably 100-200). The high iso makes it grainy, but once you're using a flash, you cant bring the iso down as low as possible.

Nice shots everyone! :)

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Watch out for a high ISO, as well. You want to shoot with a low as possible ISO (preferably 100-200). The high iso makes it grainy, but once you're using a flash, you cant bring the iso down as low as possible.

Nice shots everyone! :)
I know :) ill bring it down once i have a flash this is practice to greatness first eheheh

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
What do you guys stop down to when you're shooting the tiny stuff(1/2" or less)?

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Almost forgot: anyone have a DIY option for ring flash or a means to convert an old flash to be used w/o it being mounted on the hot shoe?