Wild scorpion breeding questions

johnharper

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do subspecies of scorpion breed with each other if they native range overlaps for exampe would a giant desert hairy scorpion breed with the black desert hairy scorpion. I wonder if this may happen sometimes in the wild I know it can happen with reptiles.

John

Athlon2k2

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm guessing you are talking about a H. arizonensis and a H. spadix. I believe people have cross bred some similar species but most people steer away from cross breeding. I'm not sure why though.

davidbarber1

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm guessing you are talking about a H. arizonensis and a H. spadix. I believe people have cross bred some similar species but most people steer away from cross breeding. I'm not sure why though.
You gotta keep the bloodlines pure. I used to get Reptile Magazine until most of the articles dealt with hybrids and cross breeding. I would rather own a rare scorpion of pure blood than a pink or purple scorpion. Besides, who wants to pay $10,000.00 for a lime green/flame orange H. arizonensis. Just my opinion.

David

johnharper

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am personally against hybrids in captivity but I was wondering if it happened in the wild.

John