'Why"

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is great stuff, I never imagined that this thread would become as educational as it has. Scorpions never cease to amaze me. Thanks guys. :)

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nazgul said:
Hi,

thanks a lot for this paper, it´s amazingly interesting. Do you know more publications on this? It should have been researched further.

Greetings
Alex
Its the only one I've been able to find, the topic is also covered briefly in "The biology of scorpions", its the problem with scorpion research, all the most interesting areas aren't researched a great deal beacuse its impossible to get funding for completely non-applicable work :(

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
fusion121 said:
Its the only one I've been able to find, the topic is also covered briefly in "The biology of scorpions", its the problem with scorpion research, all the most interesting areas aren't researched a great deal beacuse its impossible to get funding for completely non-applicable work :(
That's for sure, it's aways about the venom. I'm very interested in all the aspects of scorpion sensory ability in addition to behavioral patterns. :)

NYbirdEater

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just wanted to bring this thread to the top of the list. Really amazing, and not often you see electron microscope shots like this. Here's the link originally posted by nazgul, a pdf regarding the metasoma of old world scorp with some interesting info.

FET E.V., NEFF D., GRAHAM M.R. & V. FET (2003): The Metasoma of Orthochirus (Scorpiones: Buthidae): Are scorpions evolving a new sensory organ? – Revista Iberica de Arachnologica Vol. 8: 69–72
It can be downloaded here:
http://www.science.marshall.edu/fet/euscorpius/fetpubl/Ortho.pdf