Why won't my scorpion mate?

Chryso

Arachnopeon
I'm just wondering as I have been trying to mate a pair, but the male always ends up bolting after seeing the female. Here are some photos of the female, shes already mature and I just noticed shes been looking a little bit larger, I am wondering if the reason they aren't mating is because the female is already gravid? I did just recently feed her so that could be the reason why she's bigger. Please let me know what you think !

The person I bought this pair off didn't say anything about already mating the female, so I'm unsure if shes actually gravid, just a wild guess. :dead:

Attachments

Hercules Hernandez

Arachnosquire
I’d say the female looks like she’s already gravid, but I’m not too sure. I’ve only bred Centruroides sp. and have attempted to breed Hadogenes and Pandinus. Different sp. need different breeding conditions, so it could be the male did not get them or the female is not releasing any pheromones at the moment. But I don’t know.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I'm just wondering as I have been trying to mate a pair, but the male always ends up bolting after seeing the female. Here are some photos of the female, shes already mature and I just noticed shes been looking a little bit larger, I am wondering if the reason they aren't mating is because the female is already gravid? I did just recently feed her so that could be the reason why she's bigger. Please let me know what you think !

The person I bought this pair off didn't say anything about already mating the female, so I'm unsure if shes actually gravid, just a wild guess. :dead:
Assuming the setup is correct for them to successfully mate the odds are that the female is already gravid based on that picture.

One of the first signs that a female is gravid is when they flick the male away

Chryso

Arachnopeon
Assuming the setup is correct for them to successfully mate the odds are that the female is already gravid based on that picture.

One of the first signs that a female is gravid is when they flick the male away
I'm not sure if I ever saw the female flick the male away, but so far I've only put them together twice and every time the male initiates with the female, he ends up bolting away scared trying to get out as quickly as possible.