Why should I have 2 tarantulas?

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
They are ...
Awesome
Amazing
Have personality
Conversation piece

But most importantly, you should've known this hobby is addictive in a terrific way:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
So when one's not doing anything, you can go look at the other one... rinse and repeat. :rofl:

Edit - More serious reasons

You'll waste less feeders since you'll have 2x the mouths to feed
They're not hard to care for to begin with, so having 2 is hardly any more effort than having 1 (or 3.... or 5... or 10...).
When one buries itself away to molt, you'll still have the second one to feed and watch, which will help you leave the other one alone so it can do its thing.

In all honesty, the only way I see a downside to this is if you're an arachnophobe.

Veitchiiman13

Arachnopeon
As others have mentioned, once you have a larger collection you'll always have something to watch.

I now have over 30 T's and there's always spiders molting, rearranging their enclosures, sitting out, and walking around, which makes the hobby way more entertaining IMO. Plus, even with a larger collection, it really isn't time consuming to take care of them. I typically do feeding, watering and cleaning all of my T enclosures once a week which takes me maybe an hour tops.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
It's good to have more T.'s and different species, as it adds to your experience and makes you want more. There are only three downsides for me when getting more T.'s
1. Not enough space (I'm always getting rid of stuff for more T.'s LOL)
2. My mind says "yes" but my wallet says "no" (the problem of college for me)
3. Not really a downside unless you breed T.'s and understand the struggle and pain of it, but dealing with the surplus/slings taking up space and your resources (why I postpone breeding T.'s for a long time until recently.)

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
In the words of Bruce Springsteen, "Two hearts are better than one."

buzz182

Arachnosquire
You shouldn't, It is more cost effective to get your 2nd,3rd,4th, 5th, tarantula at the same time.

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
With more species, you can see more colors, sizes, and behaviors.

You can breed feeder insects without wasting as many (well that would be for more than two Ts)

Watch one if another isn't doing anything

Try different kinds of enclosures without rehousing them constantly

Selling/leasing mature males to be bred and money for you, but still having other Ts

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You shouldn't. No one should have more than 1. It is immoral and unethical to have more than 1. In fact everyone who owns more than 1 should just pick their 1 favorite and send the rest to me. Then I will be the only immoral and unethical one. It is a big responsibility I know, but it is a burden I am willing to take on for the good of my fellow arachnid enthusiasts. In fact there is evidence that keeping more than 1 of any arachnid is wrong so to be on the safe side you should all just send me all your arachnids and I'll deal with the consequences later. No need to thank me just keep on sending those packages. Just knowing I have helped a fellow human being is all the thanks I need.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I have one, any reason to have 2 over 1?

(please I need reasons)
Well... son, frankly there's always a reason, in life, for desire always something more, for desire 'one more' thing.

For instance, I have only two balls, but with five, I could be a nice Flipper. And so on :pompous:

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
You shouldn't. No one should have more than 1. It is immoral and unethical to have more than 1. In fact everyone who owns more than 1 should just pick their 1 favorite and send the rest to me. Then I will be the only immoral and unethical one. It is a big responsibility I know, but it is a burden I am willing to take on for the good of my fellow arachnid enthusiasts. In fact there is evidence that keeping more than 1 of any arachnid is wrong so to be on the safe side you should all just send me all your arachnids and I'll deal with the consequences later. No need to thank me just keep on sending those packages. Just knowing I have helped a fellow human being is all the thanks I need.
:rolleyes:

No, send them to me! Then my mom can't refuse them! Hahaha

Oh those poor house spiders, so many of them living together in every house! :rofl: Those poor things, they must be so traumatized. :p :sarcasm:

tewebag

Arachnoknight

(please I need reasons)
If you have to question why you want multiple then they are probably not the thing for you to keep, stick to your one until you feel ready for more.

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon

(please I need reasons)
1) "but Johnny's mom lets him get two tarantulas"

2) "But they were selling it for such a good price!"

3) "I dont have that one yet, and I need to get all of them"

4) "I've got OCD and I can't stand just having one species from that genus, I need to get all of them. ALL of them"

5) "You spent 1600 bucks on shoes in a single shopping trip so shut up and let me have this"

6) Ignore option 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 just buy one without telling anybody. You know what, but two without telling anybody... or three

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
1) "but Johnny's mom lets him get two tarantulas"
Reply: "Of course. And even a Ferrari, for that matter. You know exactly which kind of work Johnny's mom do for living?"

2) "But they were selling it for such a good price!"
Reply: "The ones we have in our garage and in the cellar, on the other hand, are for free."

3) "I dont have that one yet, and I need to get all of them"
Reply: "Son, no one affected by 'compulsive buying disorder' seek spiders. Try harder."

4) "I've got OCD and I can't stand just having one species from that genus, I need to get all of them. ALL of them"
Reply: "No, don't worry for that sweety, you don't have OCD at all, trust me :)
Remember all of those annoying medical visits we wanted you to do recently? Well, now we can finally tell you this, we choosed West Point for your marvellous future, baby. As every healthy little American 'man' should. This dinner Aunt Olivia will give to you a nice package of Italian biscuits, anyway."

5) "You spent 1600 bucks on shoes in a single shopping trip so shut up and let me have this"
Reply: "I'm not sure if you have noticed that Detroit in those recent years isn't anymore the Detroit of back then, kid. Even if someone keeps talking about 'privileges here, priviliges there...' we are living in full SNAP :bored:

6) Ignore option 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 just buy one without telling anybody. You know what, but two without telling anybody... or three
Reply: "West Point? Hello, hello?..."

:troll: