why my B.hamorii want move out from the cage

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
May just not be settled if you just rehoused. Substrate also is moist so may not like that. I'd wait for the sub to dry out and see if it settles in nicely

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
The new substrate is probably too wet or too fluffy. I see no hide. Is there one? Also: Is that a cube? If yes, floor space is ridiculously small for that animal.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Totally normal. They'll wander about for several days up to a week when freshly rehoused. It also might not like the moist sub. In a few weeks, it ought to settle down. Also, going by the orange pattern on the underside of the legs, looks more like a B. boehmei or a B. emilia to me.

palski

Arachnopeon
The new substrate is probably too wet or too fluffy. I see no hide. Is there one? Also: Is that a cube? If yes, floor space is ridiculously small for that animal.
yes I haven't put the hiding cave and, the cube is 10 x 10 cm and the tarantula is 5 cm isn't that enough?

me and my Ts

Arachnoknight
yes I haven't put the hiding cave and, the cube is 10 x 10 cm and the tarantula is 5 cm isn't that enough?
You could get away with that but it’s better to give them more like 15-20 cm for a cube

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It was just rehoused it’s going to take a week or two potentially to completely settle in, climbing and being out is normal in this period.

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
When my B. hamorii was at about 6 cm DLS, she moved into a terrarium with 30 x 50 cm floor space. All I can say is that she does use all of that space. Not as in "constantly moving around", which would be more of a stress sign. She's more like 3 days on some piece of bark, then half a week on the pad of dry moss, a day in her hide, a week on the root, etc. Very relaxed animal.

She's at slightly over 8 cm DLS now. One more molt and she'll get her final enclosure, which will be 60 x 40 cm floor space at least.

Yeah... I'm one of those "give them more space" guys. But that's just me.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Yeah I agree, even if they don’t use it all I still feel like it’s better
Believe me, they use it. They will spend more of the time at the same spot, but this could be anywhere in the enclosure. Mine have different spots, and they use most of them regularly. Not counting occasional strolls.

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
When my B. hamorii was at about 6 cm DLS, she moved into a terrarium with 30 x 50 cm floor space. All I can say is that she does use all of that space. Not as in "constantly moving around", which would be more of a stress sign. She's more like 3 days on some piece of bark, then half a week on the pad of dry moss, a day in her hide, a week on the root, etc. Very relaxed animal.

She's at slightly over 8 cm DLS now. One more molt and she'll get her final enclosure, which will be 60 x 40 cm floor space at least.

Yeah... I'm one of those "give them more space" guys. But that's just me.
I gotta ask, is that a fossilized alligator gar in there?

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
I gotta ask, is that a fossilized alligator gar in there?
If you mean the thing at the back left - it's a plastic aquarium decoration. Supposed to be a Pterosaur fossil. The spider belongs to my son, he bought her with his pocket money when he was 5. Therefore, he did have a bit of an influence on how the enclosure was decorated. The thing has no sharp edges or anything, so when he chose it, I didn't mind too much.

In our Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens enclosure, we have integrated a COBI (Polish "Lego") WW1 vintage airplane arranged as if crashed - which was his idea as well. I like how it turned out. Looks kinda cool, makes for great anchor points. The spider is older than 3 years, so no danger, according to the safety warning on the box of the kit ;).

(The photo is about half a year old. Meanwhile, it's covered in some more web.)

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
If you mean the thing at the back left - it's a plastic aquarium decoration. Supposed to be a Pterosaur fossil. The spider belongs to my son, he bought her with his pocket money when he was 5. Therefore, he did have a bit of an influence on how the enclosure was decorated. The thing has no sharp edges or anything, so when he chose it, I didn't mind too much.

In our Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens enclosure, we have integrated a COBI (Polish "Lego") WW1 vintage airplane arranged as if crashed - which was his idea as well. I like how it turned out. Looks kinda cool, makes for great anchor points. The spider is older than 3 years, so no danger, according to the safety warning on the box of the kit ;).

(The photo is about half a year old. Meanwhile, it's covered in some more web.)
Oh, I wasn't concerned, just really wanted to know what that was. Fake huh, well your son has great taste! I appreciate the inspiration, I'm not very creative with my enclosures and all my tarantulas seem to think they're better interior decorators than I am, probably because I'm still like I WANT FLOWERS!! and they're like GET THIS WEIRD THING OUT OF HERE!!