Who's Bite Is Worse?

Mr Ed

Arachnobaron
After reading the bite reports, I'm just curious, who has the worst bite between a pokie and a P. murinus? Anybody unfortunate enough to have been bitten by both?

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I did'nt been nite yet but ... my guess would be ... a pokie

Stagger-Lee

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well i havent been bitten by either yet but ive talked with numerous Pterror bite victems and a few Poeci bite victems and the Poeci are worse hands down

mimic58

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Uh i dont like to think about getting bite by iver of these species I kind of regret keeping them But really i had no choice

Mr Ed

Arachnobaron
I have a really mean P murinus, who would love to inflict pain on me. I haven't messed with Pokies but have found a store with some really cheap ones.

PapaRoacher

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I heard a P. Murinus trys to bite multiple times if disturbed, but, doesn't have very potent venom, but a Pokie will bite once, and run away, but, it's venom is more toxic...

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm not sure if you can get an accurate answer to that question, since each bite is different. From what I understand, it depends on how much venom was injected and how the individual reacts to the bite.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd have to agree with that comment. There are general theories but no data to conclusively put one above the other.

Atrax

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
if the T really feel in danger she will inject full doze of venom... if not then its not gona be too bad, thats a good point

Mr Ed

Arachnobaron
I've heard pokies were worse but I see more bad reports on the P murinus. I realize its all about the spider, dry bite or not, and the aggressiveness of the individual. Are pokies generally aggressive?

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
From what I've personally seen over the years, Poecs are angels compared to Pterinochilus murinus on average.
Mind that I have seen one or two P. murinus that defy their reputation, allowing handling and human intrusion in their enclosures. I've also seen a Poec or two that thinks they're an Usambara. Still, the average in my experience, P. murinus would take the bad attitude title, no contest.

Atrax

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Kirdec said:
pokie are more nervous then agressive

Which has nothing at all to do with the medical effects of venom.

Mr Ed

Arachnobaron
My P murinus is straight evil. I can walk by and get a threat response. Then again, I had an ex that did the same thing...

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mr Ed said:
I've heard pokies were worse but I see more bad reports on the P murinus. I realize its all about the spider, dry bite or not, and the aggressiveness of the individual. Are pokies generally aggressive?
My feeling here is you see more bad reports on OBT bites then pokie bites because (this is only my opinion and not fact) there are more people being bit by OBT's because they are much more likely to bite then a pokie and also I think they are more likely to inject venom when they bite, just look at all the pics of obt's with venom dripping from there fangs, I am sure they are out there but I can't remember ever seeing one of a pokie like that. Greg

Gemein

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Never been bitten by either; but im sticking to pokie... I'm not sure why though

jw73

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You should try yourself...
Better not to be bitten.

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't think a P. murinus bite is that bad. I have been bit by mine and it only stung a little, not really a reaction from it. No swelling. A couple days later I noticed a little aching in the knuckle area near the bite, but that lasted only a day or so. The sting was a whole lot less then a bee or yellow jacket sting. I think that with a lot of bites, you don't know you have been bit till it aches later on. I was bit by a wolf spider when I was a kid and it was a big pinch with no stinging or anything after. You just don't know how you are going to react. Its such an individual thing and determined by how much venom the T injects which can be little or none.

Sharon