Whoops!! irminias running wild!!(Video)

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Everything was going so smoothly until I dropped the tongs!;) Now, this is why I do my transfers in the bathtub. In my current surroundings it's the safest thing for me. Boy am I glad that I had the vent covered along with a hole in the wall and the tub itself.

On another note I've decided to call her Eve.

[YOUTUBE]Fm9uL9oOEDo[/YOUTUBE]

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
O.k.

......I am on the edge of my Seat :eek:........

....What happens Next ? Where is the Suntiger ? :razz:

Soundrack should Be: George Harrison - "Here comes, the Sun....Do-dah--DooDoo".....

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
......I am on the edge of my Seat :eek:........

....What happens Next ? Where is the Suntiger ? :razz:

Soundrack should Be: George Harrison - "Here comes, the Sun....Do-dah--DooDoo".....
I won't keep you waiting in suspense!!:rolleyes: Even when things get outta control I always come through.:cool:

[YOUTUBE]M2JQp5GyCWs[/YOUTUBE]

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I could Not count the # of Times...

That has happened to me W/ Suntigers & OBT's.....Not in the Bathroom though :p
Glad it worked out Phillip - Now you guys can sleep well.....as I am About to do - Night ;)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You should try this with an S. cal.. Its alot more fun.. {D

I wont lie.. I about sh... Pooped my pants!

I wasnt rehoming it though.. I was packing it to be shipped.. It ran out right passed where I wanted it to go.. On the table.. Then under it.. It might have been easier if the one I was dealing with bigger than .75"..

Thank goodness I got it! LoL.. :D

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You should try this with an S. cal.. Its alot more fun.. {D

I wont lie.. I about sh... Pooped my pants!

I wasnt rehoming it though.. I was packing it to be shipped.. It ran out right passed where I wanted it to go.. On the table.. Then under it.. It might have been easier if the one I was dealing with bigger than .75"..

Thank goodness I got it! LoL.. :D
I will get an S. cal eventually. I think they're a prettier H. mac.

The tiny T's are difficult on a whole 'nother level. I'd take a bigger one getting loose over a smaller one on crack!! If only b/c the smalller ones are harder to find when totally lost.

Though I will say I've had more trouble from the bigger T's going "on the run".:wall:

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The whispered "It's on the back of the toilet" made me laugh. Glad it came out ok, because it ended up pretty funny.

You've reminded me I need to rehouse a P. irminia, P. regalis, H. hainanum, H. maculata, and S. calceatum all really soon. I've been pushing it, and they'll all be cramped by their next molts. I hope I don't have as much fun as you did with that one.

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The whispered "It's on the back of the toilet" made me laugh. Glad it came out ok, because it ended up pretty funny.

You've reminded me I need to rehouse a P. irminia, P. regalis, H. hainanum, H. maculata, and S. calceatum all really soon. I've been pushing it, and they'll all be cramped by their next molts. I hope I don't have as much fun as you did with that one.
I hope you do!!;P It's no fun if they don't get loose!:rolleyes: Good luck with those.;)

Slappys_g1rl06

Arachnopeon
HOLY CRAP that was a scary video! :eek: Oh, I'm so glad I watched this after you put up your second video!!! The suspense would've been WAAAAY too much for me to wait to see the outcome of that! Glad you were able to wrangle her up! :clap:

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
favorite line is the 'i got her, i got her i got her..... maybe not...'

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
HOLY CRAP that was a scary video! :eek: Oh, I'm so glad I watched this after you put up your second video!!! The suspense would've been WAAAAY too much for me to wait to see the outcome of that! Glad you were able to wrangle her up! :clap:
I've been lucky and never had one get away from me for long. She's definitely one of my fav's too. I've got a total of 6 P. irminia now. I'm glad you enjoyed the video.

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Anyone want my P. irminia? {D

Kidding.. I love that little sling. She escaped before I even bought her. Bryan (Michigan Arachnids) was trying to get her to come out of her burrow so I could see her. He opened the lid of the vial and off she went! She wanted to say hello to everyone at the Michigan Reptile show ;)

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I went through this several times with my 3 irminias and pokie...
I used to do it in a ring of crumpled up clothes; they'd always stop and try to hide in 'em if they got away. Trouble is, you still have to fish 'em out of an old christmas sweater if they did, and if they got on ME, it was a royal pain in the arse (not literally yet, thank goodness).

I've recently started using large plastic bags tied to the mouth of their enclosures, and shoo-ing them out into it. It's worked perfectly so far, is fast, and I no longer have to talk any spiders off my walls (DON'T jump, you've got so much to live for!!). I had the opportunity to try it out with unpacking a large arboreal earlier this week, and it worked like a charm. I posted it in my pic thread; I'll quote the important part here:

First, I tie a large plastic ba- err I mean... the Plastic Tarantula Containment Pouch™, around the opening. LARGE! You need to be able to manipulate the bag and make tiny folds to entice bolting spiders to squeeze in them and settle.

Next, I use some long tongs/tweezers/hemostat through the bag (don't puncture it!) to get the spider to come out.

almost...

There she is! Easy peasy.

Now, you can examine it, look at it from all angles, and generally give it a good once over. She's lookin' good!

I do suggest you don't hold her through the bag, or put your skin tight at any part of the plastic she could get to, as I'm sure you all know they can bite through plastic! I tie it up real nice and hold it up there.

Now, it's just a simple matter of carefully getting the spider to go towards the opened end, untying it, and sticking the open end + spider in the enclosure while slowly and carefully pulling the bag out through a small slit between the cover and the enclosure (or in this case, between exoterra doors). She should crawl right out, and you should be able to retrieve your Plastic Tarantula Containment Pouch™ for use with your next crazy spider! It won't really work for huge containers, well, unless you have a large enough bag.... but then it becomes impractical.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I went through this several times with my 3 irminias and pokie...
I used to do it in a ring of crumpled up clothes; they'd always stop and try to hide in 'em if they got away. Trouble is, you still have to fish 'em out of an old christmas sweater if they did, and if they got on ME, it was a royal pain in the arse (not literally yet, thank goodness).

I've recently started using large plastic bags tied to the mouth of their enclosures, and shoo-ing them out into it. It's worked perfectly so far, is fast, and I no longer have to talk any spiders off my walls (DON'T jump, you've got so much to live for!!). I had the opportunity to try it out with unpacking a large arboreal earlier this week, and it worked like a charm. I posted it in my pic thread; I'll quote the important part here:
Dude! That is a great idea.. I think I may have to give this method a try whenever I get more critters.. I dont have much open space so I am sure its going to work great when I get my P. ornatas & subfusca.. :D

Thanks for sharing that..

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hobo that's a great and creative way of doing it. Thanks for sharing it here. It's definitely fitting info.!! I'm going to have to remember this when transferring some of the more unpredictable ones. Even though my mishap was ALL my fault. I'm just glad I didn't drop the tongs onto the T.:embarrassed:

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Luckily the only ones that need transfering right now are my Avic avic and the D. diadema, lol. I don't worry too much about them. When it's the OBT and Pokie time, I'll probably freak out (especially being pregnant right now). Also, this reminds me of every time I had to rehome my blue fang, lol. She'd teleport! Luckily last time I did it, I just tossed her in a 5 1/2 gallon and figured she won't have to be disturbed for a very long time after that.

Oasis Inverts

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I almost pee'd myself........I have had that happend to me hunderds of times Im glad that no one or the T got hurt..Thanks for the vid brother.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hellper, I laughed my ass off. EVERYONE who is in this hobby has at some time or will at some time experience EXACTLY what you went through.

My girl and I have watched the first vid a couple of times and laughed a ton. I have been there and will be there again.

The bag transfer works very well, but there are instances when even feeding T's becomes an adventure, you never know when a T is gonna bolt.

Glad that your T, you and your gal are OK.

PIG-

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LMAO!! Man, this literally had me rolling!! I was LOLing all over the place. Grats on the epic footage man, I loved it hahaa.