Who molted today?

Baby T

Arachnoknight
My beautiful B. Smithi "baby T" just molted after a year in pre molt!! I'm so god damn happy right now! 20210717_190414.jpg

LD50

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My GBB molted today 😁 It's not a male! Well I'm happy I'll have her for a long time now.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Congrats! In regards to your B. albiceps:
How big was it before the molt?
How big is it now?
Has it been a really slow grower and picky eater for you?
I have two that i recieved this spring at about .3".
They're a species i wanted for quite a while and I'm very happy to watch them grow. No matter how long that takes. The one has molted twice, now and I'd say it's just over .5".
Neither have been very picky. Pretty good eaters, actually. I feed them one runner nymph once a week and they haven't refused for longer than just a week or two prior to molting.

joossa

Arachnobaron
I have two that i recieved this spring at about .3".
They're a species i wanted for quite a while and I'm very happy to watch them grow. No matter how long that takes. The one has molted twice, now and I'd say it's just over .5".
Neither have been very picky. Pretty good eaters, actually. I feed them one runner nymph once a week and they haven't refused for longer than just a week or two prior to molting.
Thanks much for the info! I'm receiving 6 slings in about a week. Hoping to get a female or two at least from the batch of 6.

WolleWolf

Arachnopeon
Molt epidemic here! My 4.5" B. boehmei is on its back. I go to work now, I hope everything goes well, she is one of my favourites.
Out of my 22 Ts 21 has molted in the last months except my 4.5" B. albiceps female.

WolleWolf

Arachnopeon
@joossa my boehmei normally never refuses any kind of food and she has stopped eating around 4weeks before she has molted

Really have a molt epidemic here! A true surprise molt from my B.smithi, she molted only 2 month ago and was 3"+ I have thought she will molt next year again, I think she hits the 4" mark. Very fast growing B. smithi I have. I will post a pic later!

So here she is ( was a freebie with .5", she grew to 4"+ in two years)

20210720_163047.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: