Who molted today?

synyster

Arachnobaron
^^Those are absolutely stunning post-molt! Nice pic Levi;)^^

I was waiting upon this molt. Crassicrus lamanai MF just molted last night. I was concerned because this was her forst molt since I re-housed her. The burrow she dug is extremely tight and I was hoping she wouldn't get stuck...

Everything went flawless:) Hope I'll get some good pics tonight.

Too bad MM's of this kind are pretty much impossible to come across...

Austin

Arachnosquire
These pics are from back in April, my A. Versi juvie. Since then my GBB, B. Boehmei, H.mac, T. Apophysis, and T. Blondi have all molted.
I wasn't home for the rest of them else I'd have had pictures up the ying yang oh well I'll catch them. {D

Attachments

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanx alot man!.....good luck finding a MM.....maybe check to see if tarcan has any males kickin around

^^Those are absolutely stunning post-molt! Nice pic Levi;)^^

I was waiting upon this molt. Crassicrus lamanai MF just molted last night. I was concerned because this was her forst molt since I re-housed her. The burrow she dug is extremely tight and I was hoping she wouldn't get stuck...

Everything went flawless:) Hope I'll get some good pics tonight.

Too bad MM's of this kind are pretty much impossible to come across...

synyster

Arachnobaron
Thanx alot man!.....good luck finding a MM.....maybe check to see if tarcan has any males kickin around
Yeah he's the only one I can think about that might have one stashed somewhere...

Oh yeah, LP sling today just to stay on topic :cool:

BrachysWorld

Arachnopeon
6" male Theraphosa stirmi today. Should be a bit larger now as the molt measured out at 6 inches. He looks good. Earlier I added a little bit of water to pump up the humidity and looked at him an hour ago and there he was in all his glory. Perfect molt.

johnx818

Arachnopeon
My A. Metallica has been holed up for awhile but I didn't think she was going to molt. I check on her every night after work and I finally saw her out last night and thought she must be hungry since her abdomen was small from being holed up for so long. Bought some crickets after work today to feed her and I noticed the change in size, so I looked in the hide and there was her old exo.

I haven't taken her exo out yet because I don't know how I should go about it. The exo is in the hide that she webbed up pretty well. I tried taking it out using long tweezers but the leg I grabbed on just broke off when I tried to pull it off the webbing. How do you guys take out your T's old exoskeleton?

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
My A. Metallica has been holed up for awhile but I didn't think she was going to molt. I check on her every night after work and I finally saw her out last night and thought she must be hungry since her abdomen was small from being holed up for so long. Bought some crickets after work today to feed her and I noticed the change in size, so I looked in the hide and there was her old exo.

I haven't taken her exo out yet because I don't know how I should go about it. The exo is in the hide that she webbed up pretty well. I tried taking it out using long tweezers but the leg I grabbed on just broke off when I tried to pull it off the webbing. How do you guys take out your T's old exoskeleton?
It's called the exuvium. Just keep tugging at it, it literally won't bite ;P

johnx818

Arachnopeon
It's called the exuvium. Just keep tugging at it, it literally won't bite ;P
Thank you for the correction. I did try to tug on it but it just breaks into pieces. It won't stay in one piece. Should I just destroy the webbing to take it out?

cnapple

Arachnoknight
Tapinauchenius violaceus molted into 3i

Brachypelma auratum suspected male is now 3.5-4" and :drool:. I've got to iron out the exuvium & confirm male one of these days...

GregorSamsa

Arachnosquire
Well, I was away for a couple of weeks. While away my Avic sp., H. incei and A. seemani molted. I wonder if the 90+ temps helped... :p

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Happy day, both my Borneo black and P. crassipes females molted today! I can't wait to see how big and dark the Lampro is now :drool:

MB623

Arachnoknight
H. maculata

My H. mac molted today, I've only had him/her for a week.{D

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Have a fresh H mac molt, and one of my B vagans is still on his back, not flipped yet. Can't tell gender yet on the H mac.. hoping female. Going to try re-photoing the molt in a bit. I've found the pix are actually better after they dry a bit.

Marga

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Have a fresh H mac molt, and one of my B vagans is still on his back, not flipped yet. Can't tell gender yet on the H mac.. hoping female. Going to try re-photoing the molt in a bit. I've found the pix are actually better after they dry a bit.

Marga
Add to that two of my juvie rose hairs decided to molt also. I'd had them since fall of last year, no molt, no molt, no molt.... they both molted in May. Now suddenly they have molted again. Significant growth on one, not the other.

Atria, my tiny M. cobalca (chicken spider. sp?) also presented me with a tiny 4th-instar molt.

Marga

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
2 x Ceratogyrus marshalli slings , Avicularia purpurea male , Pterinochilus lugardi sling .

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
My P. formosa just molted, and I'm about 90% sure it's female!!! The black center stripe on its abdomen is starting to disappear :D