Who molted today?

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Wow are they really true yellow or do they have the gold sheen?
They're like dayglow orange/yellow, especially right after molting. As they get bigger, they'll get a blue & purple highlight right at the front of the abdomen. Another example of the prettiest T's being rarely seen, as they're very fossorial... This one was a ways into it's molt cycle, so had become more orange than yellow, but still pretty bright!

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
They're like dayglow orange/yellow, especially right after molting. As they get bigger, they'll get a blue & purple highlight right at the front of the abdomen. Another example of the prettiest T's being rarely seen, as they're very fossorial... This one was a ways into it's molt cycle, so had become more orange than yellow, but still pretty bright!
Nice! Will have to look out for these 😊

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Just checking on the spoods n noticed my Honduran curly girly Cookie has moulted and my beautiful curly girly is a dude 😭😭😭 20240325_105104.jpg
Gutted doesn't cover it never find Honduran curlys here never was lucky to find him . Don't even know where to start looking for a female for him..... apart from my girl being a boy it looks like all went well and there was exactly 4inch dls on the moult.
Well done Cookie.

spiderman336

Arachnopeon
I've had a bunch of molts in the past 2 days (and a bunch of bad pics):

0.0.1 Cyriocosmus sp. oronegro 0.4" DLS
View attachment 469531

0.0.1 Acanthogonatus pissi 0.75" DLS
View attachment 469532

0.0.1 Ornithoctoninae sp. Ho Chi Minh ~2.25" DLS (second of my pair, getting some color now):
View attachment 469535
View attachment 469536

Also molts from 0.0.2 Phormingochilus sp. Sabah red (~1.5" DLS) & 0.1 Phormingochilus sp. Sabah Blue (~3" DLS), but no pics of these.
Those oronegro look so cool once adults

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Those oronegro look so cool once adults
I agree. That's the thing about Cyriocosmus in general - they show adult colors almost from their 2i molt, so they're already starting to look like mini-adults.

444 critters

Arachnosquire
B. Hamorii decided to do a costume change while I was at work.. unfortunately the abdomen is too torn up to sex 😕. That color is coming in nicely though..

20240326_142124.jpg

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
B horrida molted. Surprised me for sure. He wasn't overly fat nor shiny on the bum.

I actually went to feed him and saw:
20240327_130555.jpg

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Mort, Phormictopus cancerides 'bayahibe'
PXL_20240328_012309071~2.jpg
He actually molted a week ago, but wouldn't leave his burrow. He's looking like he's 5" so likely penultimate :(

I have only ever seen one female for sale and she was too small, and gone before payday 😭😭😭

CalicoGremlin

Arachnopeon
Aphonopelma sp Jalisco molted overnight! Hoping to sex the molt as they're about two inches now. Definitely in need of a rehouse either way! 20240328_064300.jpg

Last edited:

ultramagnys

Arachnopeon
c. laetna sling, got her eight days ago, thought i should feed her, was surprised by a new molt sitting on her web 😊 poor thing’s gonna have to wait longer for some food

Attachments

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Barely in the nick of time, I rehoused Anansi just last week. In less than a week, a full 5” web tunnel was built and today, a freshly molted versi. Definitely gained some size and that old home would have been super tight. Here’s a crappy pic:
IMG_2011.jpeg
Someone’s definitely getting her magenta on.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
I had 3 moult yesterday

Miss E , Lasiadora parahybana juvenile female looks like everything went well and I rehoused her just in time, I haven't pulled the moult yet but it's probably around 3inches dls, guessing shes 3.5 inch now. 20240328_101818.jpg

Grimis my Theraphosinae sp Roatan now needs a rehouse ASAP we are now big enough for a sling viv a full 1inch dls 😆 and is getting some adult colours 20240328_101852.jpg

Last but not least my beautiful little nugget, Mary Jane, Thrixopelma pruriens just juvenile female, now big enough for her proper juvinile viv and looking like a little adult 🥰 around 2.5inch dls. 20240328_101010.jpg

Well done little ones 👏

CalicoGremlin

Arachnopeon
Woke up to a suprise molt this morning. My 2.5 inch A. Moderatum male molted overnight and is now a very leggy, very small mature male. I was hoping to breed this species, as I am close to their native range and would like to see more bred and less taken from the wild. I figured it would be another year or two before he molted again, much less became mature! Needless to say I was not prepared, and will probably be listing him in the classifieds here. 20240329_081148.jpg

Omgkevplayz

Arachnopeon
Technically today but very early. I was awake at 1:00 in the morning today and then I finally went to sleep so not last night. And I dont know when, but sometime probaly betwen 1:30 to 8:30 she molted. Now I woke at 9:00 and when I whent to chek on my tarantula, i noteced that she was in a weird position and as I was turning the cage I saw something to my left and IT WAS HER! Perfectly fine and just chilling on the side of the wall in the cage! And i went to check what that was and she molted! Now that was very cool. Im assuming she molted right after i went to slep or mabye when i was going to sleep because she did not seem to be streching when i woke up. Well it was all pretty cool and i did serch up picturs of fully grown Avicularea and my tarantula was about there size and this is only the third time she molted and I have had her seince january 10th LAST YEAR 2023... So i really dont know how old she is. But it was crazy! :Side note: So my mom wants to see it but she will wake up at 10:30 so i dont know if I should keep it in their untill 10:30 or take it out now. What should I do?