who has the largest....

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thats got to be the most useless reply ever.....

ppl take pics all the time and in 2 years you would think there would be a few of big T's next to a rule.

*edit* thats a huge blondi verry sweet :)

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Andy said:
Dont think there is anything more annoying than someone bumping a thread that is 2 years old.
There should be a LAW against it
I see no problem if they add something relevant to the thread, as King7 just did.

It is very annoying when you get a 2 year old thread revived with a "me too", or a question to the original poster, who has long since left...

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I like this thread, I can't wait until Blondie, my Big Girl Blondi molts and wins the prize!!! I'll be posting her picture here for sure!

PS: I think we should start one of these threads for Hissers, I just looked at some of mine and well, whoo boy.

bananaman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Andy said:
Dont think there is anything more annoying than someone bumping a thread that is 2 years old.
Whats wrong with it?
Its perfectly valid and fun if there is something to add to it... I dont find anything more annoying than people that post only to complain...

I dont have any really large Ts but I might have one of the larges G.roseas... Ill try and get a picture of it soon, great blondi btw!! :)

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ive got a large rosea (as far as rosea go anyway0.at a guess id say 6.5'' to 7''.im gonna wait till it moults then do the same with the skin :)

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Andy said:
would you rather they started a new thead with the same title. At least they did their resurch.;)

jw73

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is my largest T L. klugi. She is about three years old and has legspan about 8,5".

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
king7 said:
ive got a large rosea (as far as rosea go anyway0.at a guess id say 6.5'' to 7''.im gonna wait till it moults then do the same with the skin :)
You do that, just wait 2 years though just to piss off Andy {D

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Actually, I have a rosie that's been waiting two years to molt, just to piss ME off.

treeweta

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my largest pinkfoot

I may have posted this before but heres the last moult from a 10 year old T.apophysis i guess now shes at 25cm as her carapace has grown noticably from this moult. Oh and before anybody in New Zealand sees the ruler and thinks ive got a tarantula in NZ, I dont, the spider is in the UK but yes the ruler is from NZ!!!! Also my smithi at 18 years, her last moult was a full 7 inches.

treeweta.

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
"Not" mature male B. smithi 5 1/2" +

I have male B. smithi which has not matured yet (hooked out). The last skin is measured at 5", and he is still growing. Apparently this is very large for a male of this species which has not matured yet.

I unfortunately have no photos to back this up, however his last skin, and he has been seen by other members of Arachnoboards.

lta3398

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a blondi who at her last molt, the exoskeleton almost covered an average mouse pad. She is by no means the biggest, but she is a good size. I have pics of her exoskeleton on the pad, and of her after the molt. I am having trouble getting them to post on here, but I will get them soon, I hope. There has got to be someone out there who can beat her size, but she is an awesome conversation piece to people who are not in the hobby because to them, SHE IS the biggest T they have ever seen :)

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have a grammostola aureostriata that is pushing about an inch.

Pics will be up soon, as soon as I can resize the rest of the pics in the line before it.

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have male B. smithi which has not matured yet (hooked out). The last skin is measured at 5", and he is still growing. Apparently this is very large for a male of this species which has not matured yet.

I unfortunately have no photos to back this up, however his last skin, and he has been seen by other members of Arachnoboards.

I managed to get a photo of my big male B. smithi with a ruler, and here he is.
He still has'nt hooked out yet, and is still eating healthy.

Last edited:

illy

Arachnopeon
heres my big momma, never measured her accurately (cuz i need all my attention when im dealing with her :D )