Which tarantula is better?

MGery92

Arachnosquire
If I were you (with your knowledge and experience), I would be the new priest of the cult, and go for the Goddess P. muticus (PBUH). :pompous: But I don't have much experience, so I would say B. emilia.

YOU GAVE THE 0.1 GODDESS A LOW SCORE. PREPARE FOR SMITING.

It is a shame that Chris left the forum before my registration. It is good to see that his creed still has determined disciples.

Last edited:

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
B. Emilia is the one I would go for, stunning looking, easy care, and the best priced spider on offer....

Lucashank

Arachnosquire
Personally, I would go with the P.muticus. But I am intrigued with burrowing creatures and I am quite content with the amount of action I get from my other tarantulas. Although if I were only to have one, I would choose a Brachypelma.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Beginner T? Doesnt matter. Rare? Doesnt matter. Price? Is only what you think its worth.

Pros-

LP - Eats like a machine, grows very fast and reaches an impressive size
B. smithi/emilia - Hardy and beautiful
OBT - Bombproof , grows extremely fast, great attitude and feeding response.
P. muticus - Outstanding beauty and impressive size.

Cons -

LP - Itchy as hell, dull coloration
B. smithi/emilia - itchy, pet rocks and take a long time to grow.
OBT - reclusive, painfull bite
P. muticus - extremely reclusive, painfull bite, long time to grow

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I would go for the P.muticus. They are less common in collections than brachy sp. ( generally) ..They grow relatively fast as slings and then slow way down as larger juvies.. They are easy as hell to care for and very impressive at any age but especially when they are 7+ inches.

They stridulate and put up one of the most impressive threat displays of any Theraphosid when disturbed.

People will say they are pet holes but I see both of mine almost every night.. The only time they are truly ghost like Ts is when they are in pre-molt. They sometimes hide for months.. The flip side to this is that they molt infrequently so it's a negligible issue IMO.

Almost forgot.. Your basically guaranteed to get a female..
Would you be inclined to share your set up of the Queen good Sir?
I would like to see my Princess a little more...
Or do they become more visible when older?

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
the only reason an OBT should be that price is if its a sub-adult confirmed female(like 3+ inches) or a sling of a different color variation.

i would gladly pay 30$ for a Dark Color form OBT. but thats about it.

as for the rest, my list would go like this:

1.P. Muticus
2. B. Smithi/emelia
3. OBT
4. LP.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
YOU GAVE THE 0.1 GODDESS A LOW SCORE. PREPARE FOR SMITING.
You are mistaken. The awesomeness ratings are not my personal ratings. They come directly from TKG V14...I have a friend who brought it back from the year 2085 for me.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
You are mistaken. The awesomeness ratings are not my personal ratings. They come directly from TKG V14...I have a friend who brought it back from the year 2085 for me.
Man, it's going to take Stan that long to put together the new edition??? I'll be gone by then....