Which species has sparked your interest lately?

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
A Birupes simoroxigorum somehow found its way into my spider shop shopping cart. But hey, I can't go on vacation this year and probably not the next either so you only live once and I decided to treat myself to a very special T. :D

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
A Birupes simoroxigorum somehow found its way into my spider shop shopping cart. But hey, I can't go on vacation this year and probably not the next either so you only live once and I decided to treat myself to a very special T. :D
Very $pecial indeed!!! Enjoy your treat!!

Tarantula1996

Arachnopeon
I know what you mean. I was actually never into Brachys until recently. When I first started out, they were too expensive, too slow growing, and just didn't interest me as much as other spiders. Now that I've been in the hobby for a little while, I'm being drawn to them. They're such pretty spiders with a great temperament. Which species do you have your eye on?
I was eyeing the B.emilia, B.Boehmei and B.auratum lately especially juvenile females or adults depending on the price.

aarachnid

Arachnoknight
I'm way more fond of my Bumba cabocla than I thought I would be. They were never on my list, but I was given a tiny spiderling as a gift. Turns out she's female and a really lovely species - very different looking. Mine still spends most of her time burrowed, she's only about 2", but I understand that they become more visible with size. My girl only comes out like this when she's hungry. On the slower growing end for a tropical species, but they have a voracious appetite and very rarely fast. They're fast and skittish, but I've never seen any defensive behaviour from her.
Aren’t they amazing? I love mine, but I think it’s male. Maybe ours can make babies one day!!

I’ve been super into the Cotztetlana genus, got some sp. Puebla slings a few weeks ago, excited to see some leg warmers! They’re itty bitty, so the elongated abdomen isn’t as apparent yet.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Aren’t they amazing? I love mine, but I think it’s male. Maybe ours can make babies one day!!

I’ve been super into the Cotztetlana genus, got some sp. Puebla slings a few weeks ago, excited to see some leg warmers! They’re itty bitty, so the elongated abdomen isn’t as apparent yet.
I really like the Cotztetlana genus too. I haven't kept any yet, but they've caught my eye. They're delightfully chubby with those thick back legs.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I ordered a group of Pterinopelma sazimai awhile back. Of the 7 slings that came in, only 4 remain, so I was sourcing another group of 5...came across a very incredible pricing on Grammostola pulchra slings.

So I now have 5 Pterinopelma sazimai slings coming in and a group of 10 Grammostola pulchra slings. Exciting to think that in 8 to 10 years, I might actually have some G.pulchras pushing 4” maybe even 4.25” spiders, beautiful black silkiness.

So yeah, there's that...

connieisdead

Arachnopeon
Literally any Scolopendra species have my interest. It sucks because a lot of the more impressive pedes are so rarely offered, nevertheless I am always looking. :/

Aside from that I have been pretty into scarabs lately. I've picked up a good few Strategus aloeus and I'm hoping for eggs. Really hoping to come across some Dynastes beetles though.

As far as Ts go though, I really want to pick up the E. murinus on sale at my local exotic pet store. I just really like their markings and the sale is realllly tempting me.

Pepper

Arachnosquire
Omothymus violaceopes somehow flew under my radar this whole time. My o schioedtei molted and i discovered it was female; that excitement spurred my looking into related species, after c hati hati hooked out and p rufus died of fungus (previous owner).
Im glad everyones excited about bumba cabocla, just found out mine is female! The smallest molt ive ever been able to see spermathecae on with naked eye, its sitting right in front of me right now

Baby T

Arachnoknight
@Vanessa
I'm way more fond of my Bumba cabocla than I thought I would be. They were never on my list, but I was given a tiny spiderling as a gift. Turns out she's female and a really lovely species - very different looking. Mine still spends most of her time burrowed, she's only about 2", but I understand that they become more visible with size. My girl only comes out like this when she's hungry. On the slower growing end for a tropical species, but they have a voracious appetite and very rarely fast. They're fast and skittish, but I've never seen any defensive behaviour from her.
Literally just ordered one of these guys!
Any tips appreciated

Andy Powell

Arachnopeon
Daaaamn son! Congrats on this! I am currently eyeing one up! Though I am considering Birupes simoroxigorum or another Xenethis species! :)

Andy Powell

Arachnopeon
Sparked my interest, hmmm!
Definitely Birupes simoroxigorum, more Xenethis species, GBB (if one can find one!), a Balfouri communal, More Poecilotheria.. list goes on :)

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Just ordered 2 of the species that have peaked my interest lately!

A. moderatum Juvie
B. Klaasi Sling

THANKS ANASTASIA!

:)

Also recently got my 3" GBB lady + a gorgeous M. robustum!!

Going to try + take a break until my birthday July 28th....TRY!

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Just ordered 2 of the species that have peaked my interest lately!

A. moderatum Juvie
B. Klaasi Sling

THANKS ANASTASIA!

:)

Also recently got my 3" GBB lady + a gorgeous M. robustum!!

Going to try + take a break until my birthday July 28th....TRY!
I've been really interested in A. moderatum too. Those colors are so beautiful, and I love those thick chelicerae! Have you thought of names for your new tarantulas? I name all of mine!

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
My Phormictopus cautus, and my Grammostola pulchras should arrive in the US on Tuesday, and I should see them Thursday or Friday. Really looking forward to receiving these slings, raising them, and learning all I can about them...then sharing what I learn.

I've wanted G.pulchras for so long, and the Phormictopus is a recent interest, since December or so...but all my research into the Phormictopus indicates that this is an overlooked genus with a lot to offer the hobbyist.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
My Phormictopus cautus, and my Grammostola pulchras should arrive in the US on Tuesday, and I should see them Thursday or Friday. Really looking forward to receiving these slings, raising them, and learning all I can about them...then sharing what I learn.

I've wanted G.pulchras for so long, and the Phormictopus is a recent interest, since December or so...but all my research into the Phormictopus indicates that this is an overlooked genus with a lot to offer the hobbyist.
They really are an underrated genus. I just got a female P. auratus a few months ago and she's a very interesting tarantula. They have an incredible feeding response! She'll practically do a cartwheel to take down a cricket. Gorgeous colors too, especially as adults. And each specimen has a unique color/ look to it also. They're very cool.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I've been really interested in A. moderatum too. Those colors are so beautiful, and I love those thick chelicerae! Have you thought of names for your new tarantulas? I name all of mine!
Hahaha.....Me too...Guilty as charged

The klaasi shall be named Tequila :)

The moderatum shall be named Maverick :)

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I would love to get my hands on a few Hapalotremus albipes , but they are so pricey. Maybe in a year there will be more available.