Which country has the most relaxed or least amount of restrictions on millipede / insect imports?

MadMilli

Arachnoknight
I’m sure people have talked about this before but I just want to get a consensus on what country is the best place to live if you want to be deeply involved in the insect hobby without being roped into permits and legalities. I am planning on going to college internationally so while I’m there I might as well make use of my free time. Feel free to put any info you have here! I would prefer a European country, but I’m all ears.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
As far as I know, when it comes to insects; 'pedes; millipedes; all kind of roaches and similar bugs in general, in Italy there's no restrictions. I'm talking about the mere keeping while living here (from an Italian perspective, therefore) while clueless about exporting (legally, I mean) those to other nations.

Anyway, I'm pretty damn sure that the Italian 'college' rules and the keeping of bugs doesn't mix, just like the average Italian landlord/s views on those, ah ah :angelic:

Arachnids are another issue, unfortunately. We had in 2003 a law that, for make a long story short, ended regulating the arachnids keeping so, since that year, no one is entitled anymore to buy/breed/trade/sell/own the potentially lethal ones.

Last edited:

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
Lots of exporters happen to be in Poland, but I have no idea if that's just coincidence or what :rolleyes:

MadMilli

Arachnoknight
As far as I know, when it comes to insects; 'pedes; millipedes; all kind of roaches and similar bugs in general, in Italy there's no restrictions. I'm talking about the mere keeping while living here (from an Italian perspective, therefore) while clueless about exporting (legally, I mean) those to other nations.

Anyway, I'm pretty damn sure that the Italian 'college' rules and the keeping of bugs doesn't mix, just like the average Italian landlord/s views on those, ah ah :angelic:

Arachnids are another issue, unfortunately. We had in 2003 a law that, for make a long story short, ended regulating the arachnids keeping so, since that year, no one is entitled anymore to buy/breed/trade/sell/own the potentially lethal ones.
Yeah I figured with the college rules, I’m going to a specialty college anyway wherever I end up so I don’t think it will be a huge deal for millipedes, which is what I intend to focus on. Thank you for your answer, I’ll keep that in mind!