Which common cheap T will you alway buy?

Which common cheap T will you alway buy?

• Aphonopelma seemanni

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Avicularia avicularia

Votes: 28 26.9%
  • Grammostola rosea

Votes: 11 10.6%
  • Lasiodora parahybana

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • All of the above

Votes: 24 23.1%

• Total voters

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
G aureostriata was left off. That's probably the single T I would want if I could just have one. It pretty much doesn't flick hair, and it doesn't bite or jump out of your hand. Plus it's big. How can you beat that combo?

Tho LP is real standard too. Not quite as reluctant to flick hair, though.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
G aureostriata was left off. That's probably the single T I would want if I could just have one. It pretty much doesn't flick hair, and it doesn't bite or jump out of your hand. Plus it's big. How can you beat that combo?

Tho LP is real standard too. Not quite as reluctant to flick hair, though.
left G aureostriata off on purpose not a mistake.

IrishPolishman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've only ever seen G. Rosea, A. Avic, and B. Smithi's in any Central Ohio pet stores. I would have to say A. Avic would be my choice. The enclosures are more fun to create with the ability to be more creative. The webbing, higher in the enclosure, also makes them a little more interesting. The extreme docile nature is also an extreme plus. Every once and a while you gotta have a t that makes you feel welcomed.

Arachtis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My vote goes to L. Parahybana, probably my all time favorite, grows like a weed, super easy to care for, and will eat anything that will fit into it's chelicerae.

El Viejo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would have to say Grammostola rosea & Lasiodora parahybana simply because I already have a couple of both. They weren't bought at pet stores, but what can I say - I'm a sucker for both of them!

venomous.com

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wouldn't be interested in any of the spiders on the list :(

Avic's are ok but such hidey spideys that they don't do anything for me. No interest in G.rosea's, L.para or whatever the other choice was.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
well since i dont own one i would probably get a G. Rosie. simply becuz they are the screw ball of the NW species...they cant tell if they wanna be arboreal, terrestrial or just down right psycho. they are a hearty T and prior to seeing so many first hand i never knew that they do actually have a touch more personality than a rock.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow LP is just tearing it up I loved watching mine take on 6 crickets at a time but he became a MM lately and does not find food as interesting im shipping him off soon to a lucky lady T.

jasen&crystal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i said all but to this day ive never had a G.rose not sure why just never have got one

Thompson08

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Out of the list I would buy the LP, but I would rather buy a P. regalis :)

Vinnyg253

Arachnopeon
Oaky i voted Avic, but paraybana's are cool, and who doesn't like to say thier name "Parahybana" just sounds cool, like you are talking about some exotic Sports car or something lol

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine would be G.rosea or A.avic. Most pet stores have these so they are easy to aquire.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Orange ya gonna Buy 1

Ditch the pet store and get yourself a sweet little OBT.

--the nature boy
The "Common & Cheap" tarantula in Hobby, that I'll never get bored w/ :razz: {4 the Poll - Voted: Avic Avic}

Infact - I think I'll carve a Baboon Threat-Pose, into this Months jack-O-lantern :razz:

- Jason

Helix

Arachnopeon
A. geniculata or N. chromatus

But from listed Ts I would go with L. parahybana.