Where did you buy long tongs

EightLeggedFreaks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I can't find them anywhere. And if I do, they are always barbeque tongs. Soo I ask you, where do I get a set? 18+ inches

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Have you checked online? That's where I got mine, although 18+ inches is pretty long

Redwizard000

Arachnopeon
Zoo Med makes a nice pair of 10" tongs... I don't know about 18+ though.

I got a pair at my local Pet Land in Las Vegas. Ask for "Reptile Feeding Tongs"

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
you can always go on ebay if you cannot find anywhere. try finding local dealer that deals with spiders/reptiles, they should have that

naychur

Arachnosquire
I got my longest tongs and hemostats thru CornUtopia.com (corn snake site).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ken the Bug Guy had some killer 11 inch tongs but he is out. I could not find anything over 11 so I bought these super long plastic tongs (3 feet) at my LPS. They are used for reaching into fish tanks to get stuff out so you do not get wet. They work great for light stuff. For the heavy stuff I made a 3 and a 4 foot pair our of pliers, wooden dowels and packing tape. They also work great. They come in handy when my giant female T. stirmi does not want me to clean her heavy water dish.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I use 2 pairs of tongs, 4" for my slings/juvies and 10" for OW/NW adults, works well, bought 4" from (pets at home) and 10" from strictly-exotics. but as said you can find them online or even a local Lps, most sell different sizes.

delo

Arachnopeon
Not sure about your local area but where i live every pet store with snakes for sale has tongs.

MSpear

Arachnopeon
I can't find them anywhere. And if I do, they are always barbeque tongs. Soo I ask you, where do I get a set? 18+ inches
http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/reptile-supplies/reptile-husbandry-tools/-/18-tweezers/ For 13 bucks, I should buy a set, too! I'm using toothless medical hemostats that were going to be sent for scrap, but I'm not a fan of the handles. Would rather have the tweeze "pinch" feel in my hands

---------- Post added 04-10-2013 at 09:21 PM ----------

Hey, they're my cricket supplier! They're 5 minutes from my house.
http://www.reptmart.com/p-1717-10-st...-for-sale.aspx
5 bucks? SCORE! =)

Rhodin

Arachnosquire
My mother is a nurse and I got her to grab me a pair of hemostats while at work(with her bosses permission of course)

spiiderwebb

Arachnopeon
18+ inches are hard to find in regular pet stores, at least where I'm at. I could only find a 10 inch long pair at a local Petco, and since both of my T's are rather docile, they worked just fine for me.

18+ inch pairs I would imagine, would be easier to find online on a site specifically for reptiles. :)