where are all the B. Pallidum?

XxStormsWebxX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey i dont know if its just me or what. But everytime i check out peoples T collections they dont have a B.pallidum. Is it that is is uncommon or not wanted or what. In my opinion i find them very much beautiful tho not brightly colored. BTW if anyone has a female B.pallidum pls let me know because i have a male and he has a molt or two to go to become the ladies man.

tarantulakeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, send positive thoughts out west. I have a female I bred to Darrin Vernier's male last December. She dropped an infertile eggsac last spring so maybe this one will be the good one. I also have another 1.5 inch female. John

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
According to Platnik Brachypelma pallidum is nos Aphonopelma pallidum.

I have a really nice female and if everythings work out fine I'll get a male sent to me from germany next week.

I love this species, They are truely beutiful.

Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
FYI, A. pallidum is now Brachypelma verdezi =D

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
I've got one that I got as a 1st instar back in August at the Daytona Expo and its actually a pretty cool little spider. It's molted about five times and is a little under 2". Not a fast grower, but not super slow either, kind of medium growth rate (only speaking of my one specimen). The dealer actually had a recent hatchout and was selling them for $5 a piece. Not spectacular looking, but a good eater.:)

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
To add even further to the confusion, I don't think what's in the hobby as B. pallidum is correctly ID'd to begin with so who knows what it is.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
what we have in the hobby as B. pallidum is B. verdezi, there still is a A. pallidum (former REAL B. pallidum)

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by metallica
what we have in the hobby as B. pallidum is B. verdezi, there still is a A. pallidum (former REAL B. pallidum)
Ah, thankyou for clearing that up. Now to get around to changing my records and labels...

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i think rosegrey is a very nice looking tarantula, i still call it brachypelma pallidum. anyways if i find a sling when i place my order ill get one hehe.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
there hasn't been a B. pallidum since 1993! still naming your T a B. pallidum will only add to the confusion, especially now that it has officially been named B. verdezi.

on this pic you can see it clearly isn't a Aphonopelma; a single fused spermatecea

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
So, what do I put on the NEW labels of my two B. pallidum slings? :? I am SO confused now!! The were sold to me under the common name of "Rose grey".

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Brachypelma verdezi ( you might want to write in down with pencil {D )

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I'm buying one of those write-on wipe-off boards to list all me species! :rolleyes: