When does Chilobrachys really start to make webbings ?

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
Hi !

I was wondering, as my Chilobrachys sp. Blue (that I rehoused yesterday due to this mite problem) is still not really making webs out of the ground (she never did before either), when (what lifestage) do they start to make those beautiful and dense webs ?

She's juvenile and still skittish (never threatened me once, she just run away) so that would be the reason. Maybe she'll get that temperament once she'll reach adulhood ?

Once I give her a starter burrow, she never comes out, even after 2 weeks of starve. I must drop a roach straight into the main burrow to feed her (I tried to bait her out of the burrow, but she never came).

Maybe that's just the typical sp. Blue temperament (Refering to the Fimbriatus or Huahini that webs almost like GBB)

Thanks ! :)

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
My Chilobrachys dyscolus "blue" don´t web a lot either (unlike my fimbriatus who´s webbing a lot). She´s an AF now and has only used webbing to strengthen her burrow and to web down immediate area around it. In general it will take much longer than a day for them adopt to a new enclosure, so you´re specimen might still decide to web more than mine.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
My Chilobrachys dyscolus "blue" don´t web a lot either (unlike my fimbriatus who´s webbing a lot). She´s an AF now and has only used webbing to strengthen her burrow and to web down immediate area around it. In general it will take much longer than a day for them adopt to a new enclosure, so you´re specimen might still decide to web more than mine.
I love 'dyscolus' because reminds me of the Italian word 'discolo'. A word used for define a lovely unruly children :)

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Hi !

I was wondering, as my Chilobrachys sp. Blue (that I rehoused yesterday due to this mite problem) is still not really making webs out of the ground (she never did before either), when (what lifestage) do they start to make those beautiful and dense webs ?

She's juvenile and still skittish (never threatened me once, she just run away) so that would be the reason. Maybe she'll get that temperament once she'll reach adulhood ?

Once I give her a starter burrow, she never comes out, even after 2 weeks of starve. I must drop a roach straight into the main burrow to feed her (I tried to bait her out of the burrow, but she never came).

Maybe that's just the typical sp. Blue temperament (Refering to the Fimbriatus or Huahini that webs almost like GBB)

Thanks ! :)
They do web considerably, she likely just needs time. My specimen abandoned her burrow and started webbing everything at around the 3" mark. Provide lots of anchor points...and watch the magic happen.

Attachments

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
I rehoused her in this enclosure, she made few webs outside of her burrow, we can see one on the right side of the pic, nothing huge yet (her burrow is just in front of skull)
20180102_124304.jpg

I think she will be happier in this enclosure

@Nightstalker47 She's beautiful btw :eek:

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
It won't happen in one day, takes time. The large enclosure may lead to her hiding more.
Yup I know, I rehoused her in a large enclosure since she only burrow by now. I also dont wanna rehouse her too many times, she feel really stressed after a rehouse as I must dig her out. At least she have a lot of underfloor space to install

MantisRCool

Arachnopeon
Mine (sp. Vietnam blue) made a lot of tunnels and webbing stuff together to make entrances to these tunnels, they didn’t web like GBB or such but love what they did with their enclosures. Also they are poking out of a hole all the time unless in premolt. They are about 2,5 centimeters body length at the moment, I bought them as about 1 cm or less. Fun species for me at the moment.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Lovely cage. But a little dry for me.

It's not so much the size as how much time you give them. Granted, I only own C fimbriatus. But she coats every cage I give her with time.

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
Lovely cage. But a little dry for me.

It's not so much the size as how much time you give them. Granted, I only own C fimbriatus. But she coats every cage I give her with time.
The substrate looks dry but it's actually humid since I used it straight after humidificating it with 4 litters of water. But sure thing I'll provide her an overflowed corner (she always use it) and moist a bit more the surface.

I dont really like coco fiber, it tend to dry really quick, but this humus I bought was really the worst substrate I ever seen.

I only housed her for one month in the same enclosure, she gained so much size throught her molts. This tank should fit her for quiet a long time tho :). If she use the external space make some webbing, sure thing I'll add some pictures ;)

(Petko from Darkden had a male Discolus, he've made some interesting webbing tho, hope mine will do aswell)

Last edited:

iPocalyspe

Arachnopeon
I have a C. Fimbratus sling that can’t be more than .75-1” and it webbed it’s entire enclosure. Sadly the webbing was destroyed from me having to open the top for feeding. From what I’ve heard, if you want a T to web you could try taking out some substrate or you could just wait your T may just be stressed from the rehousing and the mites, make sure there are some anchoring points.

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
I've tried to add less substrate, she still digs everytime ^^. I bet in few months she'll comes out and start doing some webbing with the anchor points I gave her. But generally the discolus does not webs as heavily as the fimbriatus :(

iPocalyspe

Arachnopeon
I've tried to add less substrate, she still digs everytime ^^. I bet in few months she'll comes out and start doing some webbing with the anchor points I gave her. But generally the discolus does not webs as heavily as the fimbriatus :(
Well, if you could expand your collection why not get a C. Fimbriatus. Then are generally one of the Cheaper Ts out there

Jayvicularia

Small Batch Seller
My Chlibrachys dyscolus has webbed the entire enclosure ever since it was a 3/4" sling. I look forward to rehousing just so I can see what it looks like. Here it is at 1 1/4". It is a heavy webber. Pic was not taken in the enclosure. 20171208_131715.jpg