What's your FAVORITE Aphonopelma species, and why???

Shaka

Arachnopeon
Aphonopelma Clarki

It's tan and chocolate coloration combination looks awesome.

Shaka

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
The A. moorei are QUITE BEAUTIFUL as well! But I must agree with you guys on the behlei. That is one amazing looking Tarantula! Does anyone on here have JUST an Aphonopelma collection? With SO MANY species, it seems like a comprehensive Aphonopelma collection would truly be something to behold!

possumburg

Arachnosquire
The A. moorei are QUITE BEAUTIFUL as well! But I must agree with you guys on the behlei. That is one amazing looking Tarantula! Does anyone on here have JUST an Aphonopelma collection? With SO MANY species, it seems like a comprehensive Aphonopelma collection would truly be something to behold!
I have actually thought about trying to do that. I think it would be awesome to have at least one of all the aphonopelma species. Only problem is the moorei are very hard if not impossible to come by from what I understand.

Sutekh

Arachnopeon
I have actually thought about trying to do that. I think it would be awesome to have at least one of all the aphonopelma species. Only problem is the moorei are very hard if not impossible to come by from what I understand.
Personal opionion only: I honestly don't think moorei exist. Or to be more accurate, I believe they are GBB's displaced at some time to Mexico. If is looks like a duck, etc etc.

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Personal opionion only: I honestly don't think moorei exist. Or to be more accurate, I believe they are GBB's displaced at some time to Mexico. If is looks like a duck, etc etc.
I can definitely see why you would say that. I have even wondered the same thing myself. They look pretty much identical.

Noexcuse4you

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Aphonopelma reversum is my fav. They're jet black and they're local. Can't get much better than that!

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
Aphonopelma reversum is my fav. They're jet black and they're local. Can't get much better than that!

VERY NICE!!! I fancy myself travelling throughout the West and Southwest trying to collect as many species of Aphonopelma as I can. This one is definately one that I'd be proud to add to a comprehensive Aphonopelma collection for sure! That is also a VERY BEAUTIFUL little black North American Tarantula!!! Thanks for the post!

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not a classified spieces, but I will never get rid of my female Aphonopelma sp "Carlsbad Green" .

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my fav

I like aphonopelma chalcodes and all the arizona variants....

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
I'm beginning to think that I like the Aphonopelma species A LOT!!! I went out today, and found a colony of A. iodius burrows, and will hopefully go back tomorrow, but this time, won't forget the water! :wall:

brian abrams

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Aphonapelma Sp

A Calchodes & Hentzi grow too darn slow!! My new fav Aphonapelma..... A Reversum. Wow!!! looks just like a Pulchra!!

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A. chalcodes is my favorite. The female I had was very gentle and made fantastic burrows conveniently against the plastic for my viewing pleasure.

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Seriously???

This makes my head feel like it's going to explode...:barf:

It's pretty easy to go find information on whether or not this is a valid species. It's from Mexico, Andrew Smith described it, and the locality is far away from the US border...oh yeah, Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens is from Venezuela, a small area in Venezuela.

Chris

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A. moorei is very much a real species. I seend um wit mee own eye bawls! They are very very cool! as for my favorite species of aphonopelma, there are too many cool ones to have just one fav, so heres my top 10

cryptethum
mojave
paloma
joshua
moorei
behlei
cochisei
sp. 'huachuca'
sp. 'hualapai'
reversum

there are many other undescribed things out there that are just stunning as well! like these medium sized velevet black things with BRIGHT pink hairs all over them, from SE AZ. and there are a bunch of other species I have yet to go find, so that is my top 10 for now.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A. anax

My favorite is the A. anax.Because they are from here in Texas,although I do not see them anymore as I did as a kid.It was my first T when I knew nothing about them and before the internet and or AB;) Only learned from experience at the age of 10.The big female I have now I think I got from California.Just crazy.
Although I had a failed breeding attempt with a male that was wild caught this summer from a guy about 100 miles from me.

But Jees this sp grow slow....:eek:

ajhere

Arachnopeon
i would say Aphonopelma serratum mine is only 1inch but showng tht purplish red hairs very docile in loves her worms and crickets